LegacyGT.com

More ACC questions

shaggy

I was in a friends car last night with acc and it doesn't blow any air until it heats up, is this the way the GT is supposed to work? Mine blows full bore cold air right away, is something wrong or is it just another acc sucks problem?

On auto, mine won't turn on until the temp gauge is up 1/8 to 1/4 (almost to the first break line). If it's on defrost, it'll start immediately to try to clear the windshield. Edited: Well, ok, as the previous post mentions, it may be on at the lowest level (when on auto), I'd have to check, but certainly not very noticable until it warms up...

Question for you owners since mine's not arrived yet - Can you set the "auto" to "off" and set the system to "recirc" so you 1) don't have any fan and 2) don't get outside air until you're ready (the car's warmed up and you want fresh air)? SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='Subietonic']Question for you owners since mine's not arrived yet - Can you set the "auto" to "off" and set the system to "recirc" so you 1) don't have any fan and 2) don't get outside air until you're ready (the car's warmed up and you want fresh air)? SBT[/QUOTE] Yes.

[quote name='DSattler']Mine blows cold air right away as well. My wife's Toyota Sienna waits until the engine starts to warm up and then blows warm air, which is the way ACC should work. Subaru has something to learn about ACC, I think.[/QUOTE] I have many issues with the ACC, but this is not one of them. Either you are not in full AUTO mode or your system is defective. The 05 ACC when in AUTO mode doesn't start blowing air until the engine has warmed up into the normal range. It's actually the only time I use the AUTO mode; as soon as it gets near the desired temp, I switch to semi-auto. Sly

Yep Sly is right. Before the engine warms up in cold weather, it should switch to defrost mode and turn the fan off so that no air is being directed towards passengers. Once the engine warms up enough to crank out heat, it will switch to floor or bi-lev and heat the cabin. Craig

In defense of subaru on this one, I think they did it right. Yeah it might be a bit cold to start, but it IS removing the moisture from the front window. My impreza is the same (although no ACC). Safer in my opinion, more important than being a bit uncomfortably cold for a minute or two.

Archived