LegacyGT.com

Spt Cbe On 07 Spec B.

MAINIAC SPEC B

I've had mine on for about 5 months now and it really depends upon the speed you're traveling (highway 55-60 vs. intersate 70-75ish). The higher the RPMs on the highway the quieter my SPT is. Not that it's a loud drone to begin with; you can cover it with the radio on 10. It will also depend on what DP you have and weather it's catted or not.
Let's kick this pig!

I've had mine on for about 5 months now and it really depends upon the speed you're traveling (highway 55-60 vs. intersate 70-75ish). The higher the RPMs on the highway the quieter my SPT is. Not that it's a loud drone to begin with; you can cover it with the radio on 10. It will also depend on what DP you have and weather it's catted or not.

You summarize pretty much even the best aftermarket exhaust system, sound wise. In short, anything other than stock.

But then, stock was too quiet for me, and the more horsepower I made the more it begged to be set free. That sound is horse hooves from the back, asking to be heard. I don't try to cover it up or ignore, I listen. :)

Don't get me wrong. I drive around with the windows down and the radio off most of the time so I can hear the sweet sound of my exhaust. I still just can't get enough. With the SPT you can still sneak into your neighborhood after midnight without waking everybody up if you keep it at a steady rev or you can open it up so everyone within a quarter mile can hear it load and clear. I like to actually hear it running. I also like to shift by ear without having to look down at the tach and the stock exhaust just gave no indication of RPMs until you hit the rev limiter.
Let's kick this pig!

Don't get me wrong. I drive around with the windows down and the radio off most of the time so I can hear the sweet sound of my exhaust. I still just can't get enough. With the SPT you can still sneak into your neighborhood after midnight without waking everybody up if you keep it at a steady rev or you can open it up so everyone within a quarter mile can hear it load and clear. I like to actually hear it running. I also like to shift by ear without having to look down at the tach and the stock exhaust just gave no indication of RPMs until you hit the rev limiter.

:icon_mrgr Word!

Archived