LegacyGT.com

Rear Sway Bar Question

malvic

just drive it and see if it's to your liking.. everyone has their own opinion if a suspension mod like this will help them handle better..

a good example is that I run both sway bars on my Legacy GT, but for the 2.5RS impreza, I only run the rear. Two different cars using two different setups but they both complement my driving style and vice versa.

Overall, the RS is set up "loose" (or snap oversteer) for autocross use whereas the GT is"tighter" or stable at high speed corners (less chance for the car to get out of hand). The 2.5RS is able to drift as slow as 35 mph using sticky DOT approved race tires.

Keefe

To make the install MUCH easier, unbolt the driver side muffler flange and you'll be able to slip the old sway out and the new one in so easily. Trust me on this. And make absolutely sure you grease up the sway bar bushings with some no-lox or something so the bar can move properly.

So it took 1.5 hours (talking as well) and the Whiteline went in with no problem!

Then my Brother and I took it for a spin in a school parking lot. I did a few circles left then right, quick lefts and rights to see if everything was on and no clunks.

But when my brother tested the car, the break pedal fell to the floor! No pressure at all! We drove back (slowly) to my friends house, he pressed the break pedal and it again went to the floor! We walked walked around the car and break fluid was flowing from the right/rear wheel! He grabbed his wrench and he tightened a bolt where the leak was (behind the rotor). It actually turned 1 and a bit rotation and the leak stopped!

I just got the car back from my 30K service and it must have been loose and leaking very slowly, but the aggressive turns I figure must have made the bolt looser and there goes the break fluid. Glad I was not on the Highway!

I am now just above the Min line. Dropped the car off to the dealer with a can of Super Blue! Hope to get it back on Monday.

So, I cannot say how the sway bar performed after all! Damn!

Archived