LegacyGT.com

For the extended warranty...

if you don't want it anymore (in case of selling the car, modding, etc...) can you get a refund for it at any dealer or do you have to go to the original one?

I'm thinking you have to go to the original dealer. :rolleyes:

It will be prorated after 90 days and you have to go with the dealer that originally sold it to you.

No you do not have to go to the original dealer. You just have to go to a Subaru dealership. SOA may tell you to go to your originating dealer, but what if you move? What if you bought your car out of state? Another car manufacturer extended warranty (Nissan) tried to do that to me. Little did they know I wasnt driving 60+ miles back to the original dealership to cancel my warranty. I went to the closest one and they canceled it. Although that dealership also said I had to go back to the original dealership, I pretty much told them, **** you, im not. I called every day until I got what I wanted. You should also have the option of canceling it yourself, all you need is the cancelation form, proof of mileage, reason for canceling (sold the car, no longer need it etc.) and proof of sale if you sold it.

ummm no...you don't need to go to ANY dealer....its a SOA warranty, not dealer warranty so you deal with SOA directly

good luck dealing with SOA.

extended warranties are good money makers for the dealers, and their 'finance' departments. there is a lot of profit rolled up in them for the issuing dealership. SOA sells them at cost to the dealer... some subaru guys sell them via this forum for just $50-$100 over cost, btw.

you can however cancel the warranty by writing a letter and dealing with your original dealer over the phone. they will cut you a check. it will take multiple tries.

good luck dealing with SOA.

extended warranties are good money makers for the dealers, and their 'finance' departments. there is a lot of profit rolled up in them for the issuing dealership. SOA sells them at cost to the dealer... some subaru guys sell them via this forum for just $50-$100 over cost, btw.

you can however cancel the warranty by writing a letter and dealing with your original dealer over the phone. they will cut you a check. it will take multiple tries.

I found one selling for $150 over cost. Know any who are selling it for less?

That's who's selling it for $150 over.

search some old threads, there were others that offered it for less.

i got mine from grayson's old finance guy who is long gone, and ended up paying $50 over cost. sorry i could not be of more help.

Archived