LegacyGT.com

Who else has a Clean Sweep?

frostbite3360

I got the clean sweep installed in my 2.5i over a year ago, and still people are wondering what it is. If you go to the sticky thread about FAQ's on car audio, theres a good description of what it does.

I'm wondering if anyone here has installed one and what your opinion of it is?

Personally, I like it a lot. It's made the music really come out cleaner and more precisely. I installed the clean sweep in conjunction with JL Audio XR components in the front doors and the rear ones, and also ran the clean sweep through a JL 300/4 Amplifier thats in my trunk. After all the stereo equipment I've run on previous vehicles, I can honestly say this is the best setup I've had. I also had a JL Audio 12" W7 in the trunk being powered by a 1500 watt Phoenix Gold amp, but I sold the W7 a couple months ago (and regret it) :confused: It ran at about 140 decibles.

I like the sound, however, hate having the little knob for volume, and hate having to control my ipod manually.

I'm on the fence whether to tear it out and install an Alphine HU with ipod controls.

If I had a 2.5i i would NOT use the cleansweep.

My set up is as follows:

JL Cleansweep

(2) 12" JL Two 12W6v2-D4 in prowedge enclosure

6.5 Focals front and rear

MTX 1000d mono amp

Audiobahn 4 channel amp (forget model number)

If I had a 2.5i i would NOT use the cleansweep.

Why's that?

Secondly, I like the knob. It was installed in the little coin holder or whatever in front of the cupholders in my center console, so its closer to my hand then the cd player is. Most people look at it and think it came stock like that, which is what I was going for. Also installed right next to the knob is the light bulb that tells you what audio source your using. I think its a pretty nice setup. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

The black knob went to my Subwoofer gain (when I had my subwoofer). Now its nothing more than a decoration. But the silver one controls the volume on the cleen sweep, and you can see the bulb lit up saying its on.

console.jpg.ca2c46b12362af9f38f0995035388208.jpg

Why's that?

Secondly, I like the knob. It was installed in the little coin holder or whatever in front of the cupholders in my center console, so its closer to my hand then the cd player is. Most people look at it and think it came stock like that, which is what I was going for. Also installed right next to the knob is the light bulb that tells you what audio source your using. I think its a pretty nice setup. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

The black knob went to my Subwoofer gain (when I had my subwoofer). Now its nothing more than a decoration. But the silver one controls the volume on the cleen sweep, and you can see the bulb lit up saying its on.

because the climate control people are tied to their headunit (hence the need for a cleansweep type device) while the people without it are free to use another headunit with better features / specs

A good HU will produce just about "as good" quality as the cleansweep. In addition, if you are listing to MP3s, the quality is diminished anyways. Also with road noice, wind, engine, etc..... the difference is minimal.

Don't get me wrong, the cleansweep is a quality product, just wish it was "better" integrated into the whole system. The very least to power the IPOD.

I like a clean install, which mine is except for the IPOD power plug, and IPOD hanging out of my center console. I thought I could live with it.....

My cleansweep will probably up for sale soon.

^^

I got you man. I had no idea that legacy's with automatic climate control was somehow connected to the head unit. Now I know why you wouldn't put a cleensweep in a 2.5i. Now that I have a HU integration kit, I can put an aftermarket cd player in there no problem. But the Cleensweep has been a good holdover for me anyways. I want to put in the Eclipse AVN 7000 Navigation Unit. Back when I got the Cleensweep, theres no way I could have afforded that thing anyway. But as time goes by you get used to one thing, and when you're able to do it - upgrade.

Archived