LegacyGT.com

Blinking CEL

sgeorge

• 10 months later...

A blinking CEL happens when you have a severe misfire, usually caused by over fueling, like a stuck open injector. The CEL blinks because damage is being done to your cats and possibly your motor.

If you changed your plugs recently with low grade plugs or bosch "performance" plugs I'd start there. Otherwise check your injectors.

A blinking CEL happens when you have a severe misfire, usually caused by over fueling, like a stuck open injector. The CEL blinks because damage is being done to your cats and possibly your motor.

If you changed your plugs recently with low grade plugs or bosch "performance" plugs I'd start there. Otherwise check your injectors.

thanks for the advice, i replaced the plugs with stock ngk iridiums, so they shouldn't be a problem, but after seeing so many people with injector problems, i'm gonna start there. thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
And the blinking check engine light came back...after we thought it was resolved in may. Same issue as before, stuttering from 4.5-5.5k rpm in 3rd and 4th gear(highway passing on the way back from the beach) Goes back to the dealership tomorrow morning. No power mods at all....

Archived