LegacyGT.com

Perrin Panel Filter Install

Carter

I must be an idiot, because I had one hell of a time getting my Perrin panel air filter installed. The air box doesnt exactly have a suppot to just pop the filter in and close it up.I had to support it while I tried to finangle the box closed. I shouldnt have tried to removed the rear part of the box because I then I had a hard time re-seating the bottom of it to close it.

I had a hard time just opening the box up. I had to undo the nut up front holding the box, and remove the intake hose just to open it up.Then I couldnt figure out which way was up on the filter so I put it so if you were looking at it, you could see "PERRIN" correctly with the metal grate facing the back of the box. Also, the complete filter seems to be slightly smaller than stock, could this be a problem and has anyone else noticed this?

On top of all that, the idiot I am, I lost the ******* nut to hold the box in place. Its lost somewhere in the engine bay and now somewhere in the road between my home and work. I did all this in the parking lot at work because I am inpatient.

Hi Carter,

Thanks for the info on your Perrin. I'm considering a panel filter too. Toss up between the Perrin and the AVO. I'm leaning towards the AVO since it doesn't use oil, and can still be washed. I like the idea of foam though. Will probably decide this weekend.

carter you are a tool!

unplug the mas air flow sensor.

undo the 2 clip thingys

move the back of the air box backwards and up.

insert filter.

put air box back down securing the bottom first.

secure clamps

plug in mas air flow.

close hood

post online about how hard it was

haha thanks. I didnt think the MAF needed to be unplugged, the wire is so long. Plus that huge tube on the side kept getting in the way. I was about to cut it out.

Archived