LegacyGT.com

Rhino Ramps?

philt just get some 4x4 posts and cut like a 30* wedge or so on them. lay them down infront of your tires and drive up on them. its wood so its cheep. the angel is shalow so easy to get on top off and they dont slide around. you could make them short enough to store in your foam try thing in the trunk or as long as you would like. also being only a 4x4 if you drive over it, you wont hurt the car in any way.

You sire are not only nutz but a true hillbilly :lol:

damnit, I am even lower now than I was on my iONs and I have a lip too ... there goes the ramp idea ..

Doesn't looking good suck?

You'd be surprised how many hillbillies use boards and wooden helper ramps to unload and load their exotic sports car from trailers at the track. :lol:

I have Rhino ramps and my front lip doesn't quite clear them but there's enough give in the lip and bumper to slide the ramps underneath. Giving them a good kick to wedge them under the front tires keeps the ramps from walking forward due to the lip when pulling up on them.

• 3 weeks later...

Last year there was some construction on my street (ok fine, so it was a 6" deep mud-bog for 4 months), and the company didn't seem to notice one less rubber mat thingy that holds down temporary street signs. Cut that in half with the sawz-all, put each half in front of Rhino ramps and voila.

I have heard of ppl around here making home-made ramps out of 2x8's of different lengths. If you were sufficiently motivated you could make something that you could drive all 4 wheels up on.

Lame ascii art side view:

<---Car goes here -->

-------------------------------

-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------

Since our wheelbase is 105", the top board would have to be 9' long minimum, more like 10', so unless you have cheap lumber handy and have a tall storage space this probably isn't a practical idea.

Andy

Archived