LegacyGT.com

Silent CD problems

fatbastard

I have had the jazzy board running for quite some time but noticed I keep getting more and more skips and odd behavior just on this disc so I decided I would try to make another one based on jazzy's instructions. I already had Audacity so I opened it, generated 4800 seconds of silence, then exported it as a wav file. After I burned it I tried it out in the car and was surprised that it didn't work. It does play and it does appear to be silent but I don't get any audio. If I hit the skip to next track i will occasionally get a split second of audio through then nothing. What has me completely baffaled is I can play another CD that isn't silent and hear the other source in the background....so why do I not hear anything? Has this happened to anyone else? I just put the original back in and everything is fine so hardware wise I think I am good but I have no idea what is causing this.

Made another silent CD that was only 75 minutes long and it works no problem but I am getting the same skipping/hunting as the original disc. Since this doesn't happen on regular cd's I asumed it was scratches or soemthing on the silent one but maybe the cd lense is dirty and it is just more susceptible to skipping with a silent cd? Anyone have any ideas?

Archived