LegacyGT.com

How do you launch properly

Break Beat Zen

Hey Ya'll im new to owning an turbo AWD car . Every time I try to gun it from a stop the car lurches forward real quick, dips, then starts accelerating. Anyone here have tips on how to launch properly. Clutch position? what rpms? how to let the clutch out just right and slam on the gas? Any help is greatly appricated.:D

Guest *Jedimaster*
Sounds like you are bogging off the line. I used to do that all the time when I first got AWD. Play around with the modulation between throttle and clutch for a few days and get a technique going that feels like the whole car is taking off at once. Hard to describe, but that's what I did.

hold the brake down, press gas to 5k rpms, then let off :lol: (j/k, haven't tried that) i've been wanting to experiment with brake launches on my 5EAT, but not too sure about the concequences yet. i'm sure there will be a time when the right person pokes the ego at a stop light will make me throw all caution to the wind.

get a boost gauge to get use to WHEN the turbo starts to spool up when you step on the gas.. if you can get the turbo to run up to 7 psi without going over 4k rpms, start slipping the clutch then.. you'll feel the car launch. Keefe
Keefe

Archived