LegacyGT.com

Aussie Liberty badges, anyone?

I am leaving October 10 for a couple of weeks in Oz. I'll be driving Victoria's Great Ocean Road, taking in the Champ Car and Aussie V8 Supercar (and other) races on the Gold Coast and seeing points in between.

I am picking up a few things for my car.

Who is interested in a Liberty badge for their car? Depending on the level of interest, etc., I will be bringing some back with me. E-mail (preferred; I'll get it quicker) or send me a PM.

"Make your car work better or go faster. Do that, or it's Bling. Bling is not fast. Bling is added weight. So Bling is Sh!t." - Tom Hnatiw, Car Guy

I'm not in this to make any money, so whatever it costs me, it will cost you - no markup. Keep in mind that the Australian Dollar is about 83 cents US. I have inquiries at a couple of dealerships and parts supply places where I am going, but haven't heard anything back yet.
"Make your car work better or go faster. Do that, or it's Bling. Bling is not fast. Bling is added weight. So Bling is Sh!t." - Tom Hnatiw, Car Guy

A Brisbane dealer quoted me A$42 for a new Liberty badge. That will work out to about U$32 after the GST rebate is received and the current exchange rate. I have friends in Canberra, Sydney and on the Gold Coast who are trying to source some "recycled" badges. So, worst-case scenario is about U$32 plus postage.

One 2004 MY ADM Liberty badge in possession in Canberra. "Looks brand new", A$20. If all the "used" badges I get my hands on when I am there are in good/almost new condition, everyone will pay the average price? Fair enough?

Archived