LegacyGT.com

Black marks on my front bumper

Hi,

I posted this message on the interior/exterior forum but realized I should have posted it here.

---

I just removed the front license plate frame off of my new 2007 Legacy since I'm not required to have one in my province of Alberta.

I was expecting to find a pair of holes drilled into my bumper so I wasn't surprised to see that but I also noticed a pair of thin black vertical lines on my SWP bumper! They were obviously created by the black plastic frame which held the dealer logo and they're about 2" high on each end. :spin:

The car has less than 1500 miles! I'm not sure how that happened!!! Did the dealer bump into something? Or did someone tap me while backing up?

In any event, is there an easy way to remove these lines? The timing couldn't be worse. I was just about to take my car in to get the 3M protection film applied to the bumper!

Should I skip that altogether and get the front bumper painted in the future? Or is there an easy solution?

Thanks!

Can you get a picture?

My fear for you is that it could be scratches from plate rubbing against the bumper (even wind from driving can cause this) and you could be seeing the black urethane beneath the paint there. I have a similar line horizontally from my license plate on my Garnet Red bumper. If that's the case, there might not be too much you can do short of a respray.

But a good picture will help a lot to help you diagnose the issue and suggest a good solution.

Just go ahead and write the state with an attached reciept for repaint, IT'S THERE EFFIN' FALT! I HATE FRONT PLATES! They totally ruin your aero-dynamics thus destroying your gas mileage(try to get reembirsed for that too!), also steeling air from your radiator, making it run hotter=destroying your motor, all while simotaniously rubbing the paint off, making it nearly impossible it pick up chicks!

:mad: they should just buy you a new car + pay for pain and suffering:mad:

:spin:stick it to the man:spin:

i wont even get into the extra stress the incressed downforce puts on the suspension!

I got a black mark on the side of my bumper from... something.. I think it was a car at the snocap drive in in north augusta SC (stop by there if you find yourself in augusta its great! ;) ) </plug> but uh.. I couldn't make it go away no matter what I used however.. over the last year its gotten smaller and smaller with every wash. Yours may do the same, depending on how much vibration you had on the bumper and how deep it is. The bumpre as it turns out is black underneath the paint (as I have seen from the scrapes underneath mine from bottoming) if its that deep.. you're stuck with em (jdm spec B bumper? :D )
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived