LegacyGT.com

SPT Exhaust \ OEM Mufflers

deeslk

Just had a question about the stock GT Mufflers, will they work with the SPT v2 Midpipe and Y pipe.

And what is the inlet size of the stock mufflers vs the SPT mufflers.

The reason I am asking is the ability to put it back to stock for sale.

Thanks

I'll be testing this sometime this week. I need to pull my DP and SPT CBE off to do a new header, so I'll check it out. I've been meaning to check this for a couple months, but haven't gotten to it knowing I would be doing the header this week. I'll post my findings.

My main reason for wanting to swap out the SPT mufflers with the OE mufflers is to keep those mirrored cans out of the salt and sand over the winter.;)

Let's kick this pig!

• 2 weeks later...

Nope they won't fit.:mad: The flanges don't line up right. I though I had the wrong muffler for a minute. The gasket lined up with the bolt holes, but the curve of the pipes is totally different.

If finally got motivated to check it out since I haveto take my car in for a new clutch next week and I didn't want them to drop a muffler from 6 feet while removeing the exhaust while it up on the lift.

Let's kick this pig!

Honestly, I'm happy that my polished muffles have dulled up over the winter months. When new and first installed, the backs of the cans were very disctracting to drivers behind me at night and the y-pipe was a little too flashy for my tastes duing the day. Now I just keep the muffler tips polished up and I think it looks much better.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived