LegacyGT.com

Wind noise from faulty weatherstripping

Anybody having problem with excessive wind noise from the door and window seals? At first I thought it was the right side mirror but upon inspection the window/door seal appears to be malformed. Definitely different than the driver's side seal.

only negative about the frameless doors. wind noise. Sad to hear that 14+ years (since my 91 legacy) and the problem still persists but think of it as a small trade off for the gobs of power and awd needless to say take it to your dealer, they should replace it.

[quote name='c_hunter']Does this shed any light on your problem: [url="http://members.cox.net/craig.hunter/gusset/"]http://members.cox.net/craig.hunter/gusset/[/url] IS it the gusset region making noise on your car?? You can adjust the angle/fit of the gusset, or replace it if needed. Craig[/QUOTE] Craig, I'm not sure but as I mentioned before, the weatherstripping on the right door jam in the area of the mirror is definitely formed (malformed) differently than the driver's door. When I tried to re-form the seal to match the other side it stopped the wind noise for a few hours but it returned this morning. I'm going to mention it to my service advisor when I bring the car in for it's first oil change. Where did you get the info on the gusset adjustment/replacement?

I just figured it out on my own. It's a fairly common issue, and any good dealership should know how to adjust or replace the gusset to cure noise issues. I guess if you take pictures, I can probably comment further. The weatherstripping is fairly easy to install and adjust -- maybe it just needs to be re-positioned or reattached. Craig

Yup seen and heard this a bunch of times. Get it back to the dealer ASAP and stand on them till it gets replaced. Let us know how you go and which dealer you went to. All the best with the service. Adam. PS carman, dont tell them that when you go to get it serviced, just a hint.

• 3 years later...
I have some wind noise coming from the passenger side gusset after having the window replaced. There is a slight gap near the top of the gusset. Can someone tell me where the gusset adjustment bolt is on an '05? I would like to see if I can make an adjustment to fix the problem without having to replace the part. The link above no longer works. I know it requires removing the door panel but what do I do from there. My car is long out of warranty so I prefer not to pay someone to do the job.

I get a very annoying and loud wind noise not even a foot away from my head coming from the rear top corner of the driver's window everytime there's a strong side wind coming from the right side of the vehicle. I guess I should have it checked.

Archived