LegacyGT.com

bumper protection

vkchu

does anybody have any experience with, or have installed on their car any sort of add on bumper/door protection?

not the bumper badger or the bumperpad; those are just ridiculous looking.

im talking about http://www.bumperdefender.com/ or any other adhesive add ons.

it is much too late for a clear bra type thing on my car (12k miles).

id rather not do the subaru 1-2" cushion things on the corner edges of the bumpers. they just dont do it for me cosmetically

thx.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it too late to add something like Clearbra to your bumper?

I put clear bra on a Porsche 911 with 36 K miles on it!!!

All you have to do is a half way decent job on touching up the paint chips. If you have a solid color like black or red it should be easy.

The 911 was red. The clearbra installer guy told me to use a sharpie of all things to touch up the paint. He then installed the clearbra (I actually think it was ultrashield) over it. The touchups were unedetectable.

If your car is white or some color that is not made by sharpie, just use touch up paint.

Nothing is going to protect your paint as well as the clearbra. I've had it on an Audi and the Porsche and neither had any chips after I put it on. I just turned in an acura TL that did not have clearbra and it was a mess.

Now if you get bumps or scrapes from other cars, the clearbra is not the best option since it could pell or get scraped.

Good luck either way.

Matt

Archived