LegacyGT.com

anyone have probs w/ glove compartment latch?

sperlyjinx

yeah that happens for me as well sometimes. but i think it might be that im placing the items in the glove compartment in a way that made it worse. the glove compartment is pretty small so make sure its not overloaded, as all the weight ends up on the latch which isnt that strong anyhow.

Guest *Jedimaster*
The only time it gives me trouble is when something slides to the side and blocks it from closing- what is the reason for that strange shape of the inside of the glove box?

I had a problem with my glove compartment. During the inspection during purchase, the box worked perfectly at first, but then wouldn't open. Turned out the latch had somehow sprung loose from the handle. They got it open (I don't want to know how), and it's been fine ever since. So perhaps your latch may have a disconnect w/ the handle itself. I'd recommend having your dealer check it out.

[quote name='jedimaster']The only time it gives me trouble is when something slides to the side and blocks it from closing- what is the reason for that strange shape of the inside of the glove box?[/QUOTE] the strange shape allows more legroom.. the upper portion of the dash holds two main things (the HVAC blower and interior HEPA filter and the AIRBAG). the slot in the glove box as I recalled was for the headunit for JDM Navigation.. I use that opening for my manual (perfect fit) allowing me to just put a few simple tools, notepad, and of course....... my driving gloves. Keefe
Keefe

Guest *Jedimaster*
I mean on the inside of the box, actually the lid. It's shaped in a way that you have to place things carefully or they will slide to the edges, making the door impossible to close.

Archived