LegacyGT.com

Rust on the rotors?

Magowin

Anyone have rust all over there rotors I guess from the car sitting on the lot before they got it and if so how much driving did you have to do to get them smooth looking like they should be. I've driven over 110 miles already and they still look almost the same from when I got the car.

[quote name='rkkwan']Rust at the braking surface will be wiped away with the first braking action. But when it's moist and warm like here in Houston, you can often see rust reappear in under an hour. Yes, it's that fast.[/QUOTE] OT but I swear I saw your car a couple of months ago when we both still had our paper plates whilst visit my friend that lives in a neighborhood off of West Rd. Well...that might not have been you but it's the only other silver GT 5MT I've ever seen.

rust occurs when the iron or steel gets oxidized.. the hotter you get your brakes, the faster they will have rust develop on them.. If you are going for a photo shoot, just drive the car and apply some nice pedal pressure to scrape off the rust but dont warm up the brakes too much while getting to your location. Keefe
Keefe

Archived