LegacyGT.com

Diy Brake Pad Intsall Instructions

B4_Maniac

Maniac, Obviously nobody gave you any pointers. Did you do it "on your own" yet? If so, did you take any pictures so that YOU could be the guy to provide the pointers now? And how are the pads working out? Did you upgrade your brake lines at the same time?

Bwwahahha! Yeah, well...let me tell ya guys.. I attempted to do it myself..with the help of a more exprienced friend... Well.. lets first say the GT has some beefy brakes.. Tokiko Calipers.. good stuff! First you have to jack it up on jack stands..and take off the wheels. Now there are screws behind the caliper on the left side, and you just wrench them loose and take off the houseings on either side. Now, what we found out when we put in the pad...the pads that Cobb sent me were too small!!!!!!! They sent me WRX Pads instead of Legacy GT pads... So, of course that was the end of that.. We put the caliper back together and put my wheel back on.. I contacted Cobb and they advised me that they didn't have GT brakes in stock..even when they advertised them as available on their site. The sent me a call tag for the WRX pads, and they will refund my money. Sad thing is they looked like a good compound and a nice construction. They didn't have much info about them on their site..and they told me the GT pads wouldn't be in for another 4 weeks... So, all in all it was a waste of time..and this is my second poor experience with Cobb..but I will give them the bennifit of the doubt cuz the GT is pretty new and mistakes happen. B4

Sucks to hear about the pads, but I think when you deal with cobb most people come to expect it takes longer then they say to get things right. That said I really like cobb parts and even though it takes awhile to get them, when you do, they work great. Just hope the AP doesn't have the same problem, hopefully they worked out all those bugs with the WRX/STI/Forester AP's.

Yeah..like I said..they looked like some good pads... I bet some WRX owner would have been realy happy with them........ I will give them another chance.. it still beats waiting for something from Japan..and a heck of alot cheaper. The other pads I were looking at from Japan would have cost me 300 smackers....

Archived