LegacyGT.com

Anyone with a ProClip? Have a Question..

malvic

Thinking about getting the ProClip to hold the Ipod. I read the install instructions and it mentions adhesive tape. Was wondering if anyone has this installed and if the tape will damage the finish on the console when it's removed?

Get a little carried away with the electrical tape there bosco? :lol:

i should update that pic btw after i saw it i removed the tape it's now just two plain black wires. :) bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

bosco...how is the airflow affected out of the vent? I am thinking about getting the one for the passengers side for my GPS but I was concerned it would end up directing air into someones face.

no problems so far the vent works fine the air is just deflected around it. in fact i want the passenger side mount for my Nuvi 350. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

i have a proclip as well. i used the side one though.. and have yet to attempt to take it off. i'm sure i'll have to replace that crappy cheap plastic part anyways.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/2005%20Subaru%20Legacy%20GT/3deb587a.jpg

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

yep, N95 it's a solid phone. I've used in here in the U.S., Europe & Asia with the same t-mobile sim card and the reception is great. I do use it as a walkaround mp3 & mp4 player, sound is good but depending on the headphone it is a bit hissy when what's playing is quiet.

I don't recommend it as a nav system though. It's fun to play with but I wouldn't rely on it too much. The gps antenna has a tendency to drop off and gets lost for a couple of seconds which confuses the map when you get gps again and the nav system instructs you to do crazy maneuvers especially when you're barreling down the freeway. If you use common sense and ignore these obviously wrong directions, it will re-route itself and continue tracking. Re-routing calculations are much much slower than say a built-in nav or even a stand alone garmin unit.

Another strike against the nav system is the database, at least for the U.S. it is from the provider that also provides the maps for Subaru and aren't as accurate as say the ones from mapquest, google, yahoo, garmin, etc.

I can load maps from just about any country onto the N95 using the MapLoader software and that is free. Unfortunately if I want to use navigation, you have to pay a fee for that function. I paid for a subscription for the U.S. but when I was in Asia I couldn't use navigation without paying another subscription fee.

Nice phone but skip it if you want to use navigation.

I'm using the lower console mount for my 80G iPod;

http://www.mcnproductions.com/lgt/interior/liberal1.jpg

And no, the double-sided tape shouldn't damage anything when you remove it. I've had about 3-4 of these mounts over the years in various cars, and never had a problem with the tape marring anything.

-Mike-

• 1 month later...

I want this mount. Where did you get it? I can't find it on the Proclip website.

i have a proclip as well. i used the side one though.. and have yet to attempt to take it off. i'm sure i'll have to replace that crappy cheap plastic part anyways.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/2005%20Subaru%20Legacy%20GT/3deb587a.jpg

Archived