LegacyGT.com

Anyone Have a Cobb Axleback?

rs6er

make sure the power you're leaving on the table is not going to haunt you (like i did)

I got the prodrive cans. they sounded amazing. but then I looked at the dyno charts for the MR ones... and i decided i would pony up an extra 200 dollars and get a full catback instead. luckily i got my cans used and sold them for the same price i paid for them.

just food for thought.

also my prodrive cans didnt give me enough feedback. dont know exactly what it was but I like crisp exhaust noise for rev-matching and all that good stuff.

dont know what the cobb mufflers sound like though.

whats BTDT?

also you can look on youtube to see if they have cobb CBE videos. hope tis helped.

lawl

car for sale. PM me!

lawl—

Thanks for the reply. Didn't realize I could lose power by swapping the stock mufflers for Cobbs— kinda counterintuitive, wouldn't you say? By the way, BTDT means Been There Done That.

nooooo thats not what i meant.

it's not that you're losing power. but with a full CBE you'd get MORE power.

im sure with just a muffler you'd get some sort of power gain. at least response might feel better.

but theres a lot more power to be had with a full CBE.

i've heard conflicting things about where the bottleneck is in the CBE. some say its the y pipe.. i've also heard mufflers. either way.. i would just replace the whole thing.

20+ hp increase in midrange power seems like a better idea to me than spending money on mufflers that provide less than 1/4 of the power increase...

car for sale. PM me!

Archived