LegacyGT.com

Flowmaster 60 series?

Box1813

I'm in the market for a new exhaust note, not to worried about the performance (I'm aiming for just over 300 in the end). I can't justify $1000 for cat-back sexiness, so I'm looking at axle back. I have a friend at a muffler shop who'll enlarge the pipe at the "Y" and run the tubing to the cans for cheap, so I'm no restricted by tube size.

I want to know if anyone here has seen/heard the Flowmaster 40, super 40, 50, or 60 series on a LGT or OBXT? I haven't found any solid vids or clips on this site or the OB one. Youtube had a 91 Legacy Turbo (GT?) with a single super 40 with no cat that sounded OK.

If anyone in the central NJ/Philly area has a set, I'll truck my way to ya.

when you are looking for better flow, chambered mufflers are not the way to go. +1 on magnaflow, even if it is just cans....I have found no better when it comes to straight through design. I currently am on my 6th car with magnaflow exhaust components

I have personally always like the sound as well....much better than the choppy sound of flowmasters and the stuffy sound of borla.

you will also want to loose that resonator, replace it with a straight through, muffles pipe/resonator. It is the most restrictive point on your exhaust. Whatever you do don't trust a "made" y pipe....the flow will never be even... go with one thaqt has been manufatured.

custom cat backs can be had for under $200 if you know where to get the cans....but some shops are going to rape you on labor

a good point is made above....there are cat backs out there for under 1k...under $500 even.... a retail cost on a custom cat back done right is about $400.

if your looking at paying someone more than $200 total for a custom set up, my suggestion would be to watch the forums and get you a used cat back.

I'm in the market for a new exhaust note, not to worried about the performance (I'm aiming for just over 300 in the end). I can't justify $1000 for cat-back sexiness, so I'm looking at axle back. I have a friend at a muffler shop who'll enlarge the pipe at the "Y" and run the tubing to the cans for cheap, so I'm no restricted by tube size.

I want to know if anyone here has seen/heard the Flowmaster 40, super 40, 50, or 60 series on a LGT or OBXT? I haven't found any solid vids or clips on this site or the OB one. Youtube had a 91 Legacy Turbo (GT?) with a single super 40 with no cat that sounded OK.

If anyone in the central NJ/Philly area has a set, I'll truck my way to ya.

Where can you get the Magnaflow?

http://www.planetmagnaflow.com/shop/magnaflow-16747-581.html

click that link, directly below the "buy now" button is a "make offer" button. $562 seems to be the lowest price they are letting them go for.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63587&highlight=magnaflow- this is the thread on the magnaflow exhaust

Archived