LegacyGT.com

My 05 Legacy LEMON!!!!

keepupp1

Those of you that have followed my problems, here they are:[url]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4347[/url] Today was 30 straight days in the shop. I stopped by Jake Sweeny Subaru and let them know that I have filed for Ohios Lemon law and that I would like to have my car towed to a stereo shop to have my equipment removed. Under law, if the vehicle is in the shop for 30 or more days wthin the 1st year or 1st 18K miles, it is considered a lemon and they are to at the consumers choice get a new car or get a refund of the purchase price and any interest/fees paid on the car. They had the audacity to say that they were doing me a favor by covering the car under warranty since I had an aftermarket stereo installed. Luckily, I have saved a voicemail of them saying that they couldnt find any reason the stereo had caused the problem, therefore they would cover under warranty. When I told him that I saved that voicemail the look on their faces was priceless. This dealership is scum and they, I am sure, will do whatever they can do to not refund my money (which is what I want). I may buy another Subaru in the future but I have a bad taste in my mouth. I know there are good dealers and bad but Sweeny Subaru really messed up. I need your guys help. Please post your thoughts on the subject since your comments are very important. Oh, one more thing, they did replace the wiring harness and they say that the car should be ready today and when I said that I dont want the car back they said I would "have to take it back"!! I told them I dont feel safe driving the car and that there would be legal reprocussions if they make me take a car that is potentially unsafe (per Ohio law). The car has already nearly gottem me into an accident and my faith in this car has been shaken. Post comments please!!

[quote name='keepupp1']Those of you that have followed my problems, here they are:[url]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4347[/url] Today was 30 straight days in the shop. I stopped by Jake Sweeny Subaru and let them know that I have filed for Ohios Lemon law and that I would like to have my car towed to a stereo shop to have my equipment removed. Under law, if the vehicle is in the shop for 30 or more days wthin the 1st year or 1st 18K miles, it is considered a lemon and they are to at the consumers choice get a new car or get a refund of the purchase price and any interest/fees paid on the car. They had the audacity to say that they were doing me a favor by covering the car under warranty since I had an aftermarket stereo installed. Luckily, I have saved a voicemail of them saying that they couldnt find any reason the stereo had caused the problem, therefore they would cover under warranty. When I told him that I saved that voicemail the look on their faces was priceless. This dealership is scum and they, I am sure, will do whatever they can do to not refund my money (which is what I want). I may buy another Subaru in the future but I have a bad taste in my mouth. I know there are good dealers and bad but Sweeny Subaru really messed up. I need your guys help. Please post your thoughts on the subject since your comments are very important. Oh, one more thing, they did replace the wiring harness and they say that the car should be ready today and when I said that I dont want the car back they said I would "have to take it back"!! I told them I dont feel safe driving the car and that there would be legal reprocussions if they make me take a car that is potentially unsafe (per Ohio law). The car has already nearly gottem me into an accident and my faith in this car has been shaken. Post comments please!![/QUOTE] have you tried contacting SOA regarding this situation?

I havecontacted SOA and the BBB and I have order numbers with both. The BBB is sending out a packetto fill out and return. I have also, written a letter to SOA per the warranty booklet provided with my owners manual. I will be cintacting an attorney as well and Subaru will have to fit the bill per Ohio law if they dont comply. The nice thing about Ohios law is that since Sweeney Subaru has admitted that this is a warranty issue they wont be able to refute the 30 day Ohio law. Also, if they do and the court finds them to be stalling or unnecessarily going to court, the court in Ohio will award the consumer (me) TRIPLE damages. Im sure Subaru will want to avoid this, and avoid bad press. Luckily an ex=gf of mine is a head newscaster on one the major local stations and would gladly take the case to television. I am at my wits end and I just dont have much time to deal with this problem as there are many other things going on at the time as well.

I just went through a lemon case a month ago with Mazda. I had an attorney friend take care of it all for me. He sent a letter to Mazda demanding refund per state statues XXXXX. In our state the vehicle had to out of service a combined 30 days or more within the first year of service which it was out of service for 35 days. If they try to give you your car back today on the thirtieth day I think it would still count as a day out of service. That really is the key. You were unable to use your vehicle due to vehicle warranty non-conformities. If I were I would first call SOA and explain to them your disappointment the dealers inability to fix the vehicle. For all you know your dealer may have never once called SOA for tech assistance on how to fix your car properly. They may be angered with your dealer and just volunteer to replace your vehicle or refund you your money. If they aren't receptive to that I would then contact an attorney and pursue the lemon law.

[quote name='franklin']bring me up to speed. What is the problem with your car? Something electrical ?[/QUOTE] "Those of you that have followed my problems, here they are:[url="http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4347"]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4347[/url]" :rolleyes:

Theres allways a few bad cars that come out of the factory, just chalk it up to bad luck and take a new Legacy and go to another dealer. I have only heard of 2 lemon Subarus, yours and my mother had a 93 Impreza, everyone i have talked to about Subaru loves them and can't say a bad word about them. BTW my mother is most likley going to get a Legacy or Forester next year, and when i was looking at the WRX when it first came out i was gitting ready to dodge punches. Give the company another chance with a new car.

It would be in your best interest to hire the lawyer now, considering that the car has been out for so long. There is no use waiting for the dealer to try and solve the issue, they have already had your car for this long!! Also, cut out the middle man and go straight to SOA, or call another local dealership. You don't have to take it back to where you purchased it, and another dealership would jump at the chance to gain a customer through good service. Nick

^ Sound advice. Don't rest on your rights. Connect with a Lemon Law attorney as soon as possible and do find out what SOA intends to do here. They are on the line too since they are the warrantor in this case. Keep us posted. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I will be contacting a lwyer who specializes in Lemon Law. In Ohio I must go to Arbitration before suing in court. I have already filled out the paperwork and I am just waiting to here from the BBB. SOA is just wasting my time right now because they have already acknowledged that the car was in the shop for over 30 days (therefor breaking Ohio law). Now, if for some reason arbitration doesnt resolve the problem and I HAVE to take SOA to court, the court could award me TRIPLE DAMAGES if they find SOA went to court in bad faith. In other words, if SOA goes to court knowing that they have broken the law then they will receive this penalty. SOA has already told me that they have kept the car past the 30 days required to be a lemon so if this isnt bad faith then I dont know what is!

Archived