Avo or Borla Exhaust

BoxerGT2.5

AVO or Borla  

30 members have voted

1. 1. AVO or Borla

• AVO
    • Borla
    • I'll make my own
    • I'll wait to see what comes out in the next year.

It will be out 1st qtr right? good things come to those who wait hehe. It's too bad theyre taking a long time. One thing with the Borla is it seems to me the tips looks stock, and I want something a little bigger, preferably oval tipped. What are you thinking of doing?

[quote name='mmm def']It will be out 1st qtr right? good things come to those who wait hehe. It's too bad theyre taking a long time. One thing with the Borla is it seems to me the tips looks stock, and I want something a little bigger, preferably oval tipped. What are you thinking of doing?[/QUOTE] Well I'm leaning toward AVO. But I have yet to see a clean shot of the borla tips from dead on. Personally, I don't like oval tips....so I'm not fond of the Cobb tips. Borla's are classified as oval but they sure don't look it. AVO, well is straight round...which is nice. :)
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I saw the pics of the AVO, looks really nice. But I just bought a house so I think I have to settle for something a bit cheaper for now. AVO is also on the louder side? Someone on here has the AVO, needs to post a clip or 2, cmon hurry up! If you like round tips, AVO seems perfect for you.

Not going with either (or any) but wanted to say, as posted before, the Borla sounds just SO sweet. I've heard the AVO is a bit louder. The Borla gives the car a nice baritone growl. Not raspy, not noisy, not intrusive or annoying. At freeway speeds, it's just a muted hum. As for which will offer more performance in conjunction with an intake...don't know. But for sound alone, the Borla is exactly what I'd want, if I was going to ask for a better sound from the LGT.

Boxer, Sorry I didn't record a sound clip a few months ago on the Borla exhaust (before it was even publicly released I guess) on the Legacy GT that I drove that had it (which was the day I ordered my car). But I did post some pictures of it on here somewhere. The pics aren't the best, and due to several test drives and a couple of puddles, the thing is dirty. But trust me on this one....it sounds sweet. People who haven't heard the quiet stock exhaust, would mistake it for a nice burbling stock exhaust system. It would never be confused with aftermarket "coffee can" like exhausts that are annoying and sound like a broken blender.

[quote name='Driver72']Boxer, Sorry I didn't record a sound clip a few months ago on the Borla exhaust (before it was even publicly released I guess) on the Legacy GT that I drove that had it (which was the day I ordered my car). But I did post some pictures of it on here somewhere. The pics aren't the best, and due to several test drives and a couple of puddles, the thing is dirty. But trust me on this one....it sounds sweet. People who haven't heard the quiet stock exhaust, would mistake it for a nice burbling stock exhaust system. It would never be confused with aftermarket "coffee can" like exhausts that are annoying and sound like a broken blender.[/QUOTE] It's all good.....I was just wondering if someone had the exhaust on the forum. :) I have a general Idea of what it sounds like. I have the borla on my 8...but it's a rotary (whole different sound). Edit*...KevinH has the exaust. C'mon ya little monkey and post your pics and clips.... :D

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='mmm def']Can't wait! Have you heard the COBB exhaust in their clip? How does it compare soundwise? louder?[/QUOTE] It's kind of hard to hear- they took it when an airplane was flying overhead :lol:

[quote name='jedimaster']It's kind of hard to hear- they took it when an airplane was flying overhead :lol:[/QUOTE] That didn't help matters. But just lookin at it....their tips are too oblong. More oval than stock it appears. Yuck! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Driver72']Boxer, than you wouldn't like Borla's either. Same way. Not really "oval" but not round either. Closer to round than oval, but you can definately see that it's got a touch of oval to it.[/QUOTE] I don't mind a tad oval...but not like Cobbs.

Archived