LegacyGT.com

Anyone with aftermarket seats in their Legacy?

zennoodle

The more time I spend in mine, the more I like it, especially those seat heaters. Could be a hair bit more side bolstering and fore/aft tilt would be a nice feature, but I'm pretty happy overall with these. :)

[quote name='SUBE555']The more time I spend in mine, the more I like it, especially those seat heaters. Could be a hair bit more side bolstering and fore/aft tilt would be a nice feature, but I'm pretty happy overall with these. :)[/QUOTE] Bolsters are a big thing...then again I'm not quite sure how much time I would have to go out and do some spirited driving. Still, some tighter seats would be great.

[quote name='jedimaster']I can't imagine anyone wanting to lose the seat heaters, but you'll see people doing it sooner or later.[/QUOTE] Granted they are great for us in the No. East and anywhere where it gets relatively cold, but it certainly is a useless feature for people in say Florida or Texas. I can't imagine them using it for much more than say muscle relaxation. Personally i love them though!

Seats are a OK. Not great but comfortable enough. A more bolstering and perhaps bigger seating area would be nice. My wife compains about that and she is 5.6. Imagine myself being over 6.2. Seats like EVO would be really nice but like you mentiones we would loose few things (heaters/air bag). Sergej

[quote name='mobilezen']I've been a big fan of corbeau for awhile specifically the CR1. I wonder if they make a bracket for the 05 legacy just yet. hm. :)[/QUOTE] You use the Impreza GDB/C chassis subframes to bolt them up.. or contact my sponsor [url]www.ogracing.com[/url] for Sparco Bases. To bypass the airbags, just use the resistor splice to keep the SRS warning light off.. but to be safe, SCCA has a topic about disabling airbags if a person is competing using a full-face helmet. In my opinion, if anyone is going to swap seats, they should disable the airbags because the car wasn't meant to have high bolstered seats and this could effect the range of the airbags to deploy differently or get deflected to have enough force to dislodge the seat out of its anchoring positions if not installed correctly. Racing Seats in my opinion are for well, racing. I dont think anyone should be running a racing seat unless the owner knows full well of the risks and other factors that could hinder driving performance. The car should be prepped to handle such changes and be able to perform in a safe manner. Keefe
Keefe

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='njsub']love the heated seats. just wish they came with air conditioning also for those hot days. my mother has a lexus that has heated and a/c'd seats.[/QUOTE] That'd be pretty cool. Hmm, instead of routing those C02 lines to your intercooler...

Archived