LegacyGT.com

Best Detour in my Whole Life!

BOXRPWR

Doing my daily routine drive home between Corona and Temecula on Interstate 15 South. Normally, once you get a few miles south of Corona the I-15 runs wide open all the way to my home in Temecula.

Well, I'm driving home on the freeway and I see nothing but brake lights as far as the eye can see right before Clinton Keith Road exit. Without hesitation, I jump on the shoulder and make my way to the CKR exit and turn West. I've been on this road once before but it was nearly two years ago.

So I'm wondering through the backroad hillcountry hoping to fortunately find a way back to the I-15 freeway further south of all the traffic. I drive about 5 miles on some really cool - and very steep, twisty roads.

I come to an intersection not sure where to turn. Then a nice looking M3 pulls up behind me. So I get out and ask the dude how to get back to the freeway.

He tells the a couple turns to take and says he's heading that way himself and to follow him....."if you can." Sure enough, this guys drives it like he obviously knows it like the back of his hand. I swear he'd doing well over 50 mph in a flash on very hilly road with lots of blind turns.

Needless to say, I never really caught up with him again. I kept him insight for maybe 1 mile. Then....sianara baby! Thank goodness I remembered the turns he mentioned and got back to Temecula without incident and with a huge smile on my face. :p

Now I know a quick, 30 minute canyon run that I can take anytime I want to when the situation is right. Talk about a great stress reliever!

Here's a map to indicate where it is that I'm talking about

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/BOXRPWR/Temeculacanyonrunmap.jpg

Needless to say, I never really caught up with him again. I kept him insight for maybe 1 mile. Then....sianara baby! Thank goodness I remembered the turns he mentioned and got back to Temecula without incident and with a huge smile on my face. :p

Sianara.... Sayonara?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived