LegacyGT.com

repost- NC thread "HELP ME"

im posting this here so you guys can chime in i posted the same one in the NC thread so the locals there can take a look at my car

MODs hope you dont mind

ok SOS is claiming my car was in a bad wreck but my carfax is clean and they wouldnt cover my weather strip and heated seat problem and i said bull shit.they were going to charge me $119 for the inspection but i said no and i would be making a call to SOA.after a hour talking to gerald subaru and to SOA, subaru of schaumburg decides they not going to charge me but show me proof that my car has been in a wreck.

heres a small list

front seat mounts have been moved

sand paper marks on the trunk and roof

paint over spray

door panels repaired

i need a local to look at my car and tell me what they think ASAP

if my car was in a wreck what should i do??

gerald subaru was telling me i have nothing to worry about and SOS was just trying to take my money and that if it was a major wreck and repair it would be on my carfax cause it wouldnt make sense to do a major repair with out calling the insurance company cause it would be alot of money with out them

Just an FYI, Carfax does not always show if your car has been in a wreck or not...

Say someone totals it, and repairs it without notifying the insurance company. They would never know.

Also not everything gets reported to carfax.

A clean carfax means absolutely nothing. Which, is, what we have here is a perfectly textbook case of the dealer "playing stupid" to the damage. Maybe they never fully inspected the car, and didn't know about the history. Maybe they knew, but you'll never get THAT out of them. Do you know many dealers that truly know more than 50% about their used cars?

My best advice would be to stay away from subaru of schaumburg.

Archived