LegacyGT.com

New Hids

unlimited6986

Idk if anyone has ever tried this (prob not). But i got a pretty sick deal on some 07 bmw x5 hid's the whole set projectors and everything. The projectors are huge so i tried to see what happens if i put the hid's in. Well they ended up fitting perfect and the whole install only took about 20 mins to do and they look great. When i get a chance ill post up some pics.

• 4 weeks later...
subscribe!!

waiting for pics!!

getting new ideas for my next retro-fit project!

Mr_luv, any suggestions?? I already have a set of angel eyes and a set of TSX retrofit on my car now......

the retrofit bug is itching for something new

Bi-xenon ftmfw...

thats my next quest, unless i get a great deal on s2k's:spin:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Bixenon FX unless you can get TL's in there with the lens swap... My dream setup or keep what ya got and squeeze in some mini's in the high beam housings with no sheilds.

subscribe!!

waiting for pics!!

getting new ideas for my next retro-fit project!

Mr_luv, any suggestions?? I already have a set of angel eyes and a set of TSX retrofit on my car now......

the retrofit bug is itching for something new

Mr.350

Well if you get bulbs ballest and lights I can do it for ya licktysplit I got it down to a science at this point i trouble shot it for weeks before I did mines and I spent many a late night working out the kinks.

mr_luv, where can i source out the FX stuff? Let's say if I can source it out, d ou think VXCL can do it for me or yourself??

JP

Mr.350

HOnestly, i absolutely want the infiniti QX series, the 7lens projector one fo rthis project? what do you guys thinkl about it?

any suggestions?? Pros and cons??

I want that too, but I dont think itll fit, its way too massive

one bad thing about the QX series from infiniti is i dont think our cars will even work with it without a lot of extra work. Apparently, not sure if those who want to do this know, but the honeycomb shape of the lens means that one bulb will adjust through different lenses to do different work so to speak. I read somewhere that for instance, when you get to a higher speed the bulb will aim through a specific lens that will narrow the beam but allow it to project farther out and another lens might be a wider dispersion but not have the same depth. so i dont think our cars would be able to use any of this basically as the brains arent there to back it up. but i do still envy those lights, especially after i saw a close up picture of the assembly.

Archived