LegacyGT.com

Sorry for this guys...another hitch question

Which is the lowest profile hitch? I am getting one on 2 weeks and I need to decide once and for all. So which is the best looking hitch on my 05 GT sedan? Oh, and also does anyone know where to get a trailer with a fold down gate in the rear for one or possibly two ATV's for a great price?? Online, or wherever doesnt matter. Thanks!

I have the outback hitch and am very happy with it. It also comes with the wiring harness, but on the sedan you will have to splice the wires. Hidden Hitch used to make a really nice looking round bar hitch, but it's been discontinued.

There are numerous threads about this already so shame on you for starting another.... LOL, Noobz!

With that out of the way... The Subaru OEM Outback hitch is the lowest profile and best looking currently available. However it costs about $100 more than the aftermarket hitches when you consider wiring, the extra brackets, and a new draw bar (The one that comes with the OEM Outback hitch is too low to use with the Legacy.)

only the oem hitch is the best. The rest is all very low and require mods (Search for the uhaul hitch mod). Looks for deals on the OEM. Outback/Wagon hitches will fit the sedan (but dealer won't install them on sedans).

only the oem hitch is the best. The rest is all very low and require mods (Search for the uhaul hitch mod). Looks for deals on the OEM. Outback/Wagon hitches will fit the sedan (but dealer won't install them on sedans).

Ditto, all the aftermarket hitches hang VERY low. However, be aware that additional brackets need to be installed for maximum strength of the OEM hitch. These are already on the Outback but are not installed on the Legacy models. Here are the part numbers for the brackets:

Right Rear bracket: 50825AG10A

Left Rear bracket: 50825AG11A

And you will need 2 additional bolts, P/N: 010110250

Did you ever think of just buying a truck?

Maybe he thought he didn't want to spend thousands of dollars on a vehicle that he will only use once in a while for a duty that his car is more than capable of performing? :rolleyes: The pickup truck is an almost uniquely American phenomenon... and an extremely wasteful one if you ask me. More often than not I see giant super duty trucks decked out to the nines carrying nothing more than a beer belly and scome Calvin stickers. Pointless. I can get 99% of the capability that I need from a foldable utility trailer.

Call me when someone makes a decent COMPACT truck that gets over 25mpg.

I was looking at a frontier but my legacy GT can tow almost anything the frontier can and I get almost 30 MPG on the highway. That alone is a good enough reason to stay with the Legacy. Oh and I smoke Mustangs all day long. :) peace!

Archived