LegacyGT.com

New System Installed with Stock Headunit

Fri501pm25

I got a 2005 LGT with the dual climate controls.....I had installed by EZ Concepts the following, a Scosche 4 channel line out convertor from head unit to a Infinity Reference 475a four channel amp......in the rear i got infinity kappas 52.7i speakers and in the front I went big and got JL XR650-CSi's....the tweeders went in perfect, into the stock tweeder location, the woofers however needed a spacer thats all....and they just fitted.......system is sounding awesome.....just need to dynamat the doors and then im thinking of getting the low profile amp powered sub from BOSS to go under my seat cause that stock sub aint cutting it no more even with the gain adjusted on it......the BOSS unit is Boss Audio BASS600.........yea nice.....no cleansweep needed thank goodness.....or custom conversion of the headunit with the hvac built into them.....the scosche was installed behind my headunit...and the amp is nice in the truck and the speakers are done up nice as well i will take pics when i get the dynamat installed......

i was told pretty much the same style of upgrading my system with the stock hu, my main complaint with the stock h/u is it dont get loud enough but with good sound deadener and amped speakers fixes that

i am sorry but nothing carrying the name boss deserves to be in a LGT or along side a brand like JL :)

Are you confusing BOSS with BOSE?

I had 2 12" subs in my previous cars and they pounded bass something fierce! At first I thought they can't really be good, maybe decent but I was really happy with them. Now I'll just settle for a single 10".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

still awaiting pics, slowly gathering things for my stereo

im going to do something similar except im going to run an ma audio amp to my doors (used it one moth then got a 6ch for my celica) , i have a box with 2 rockford 10s in storage, just need a good mono amp for it and a good cap w/ a red top

have 1 6.5 compent system , debating runing some bostons with it

I don't think you can buy BOSS anywhere around here other than the flea market.

You've got some quality items so far, I'd look for something other than a Boss sub. Maybe that stealth box from Nazar with a nice sub in it, or a basslink if you need it to be an all in one unit.

Lol, I had two 12" BOSS speakers in my POS 91' Grand Prix. I agree I wouldn't put BOSS in my Leggie, I'd hold off until I've saved up enough for a good name brand. You'll notice a huge difference. Comparing those Boss speakers to the Alpine setup I have now, there's no comparison. It looks like you did nicely with the JL/Infinity setup but I think you should've completed the system with an amp also from JL/Infinity not Boss.

Archived