LegacyGT.com

Rear wheel-well rubber strips

They trap dirt/moistue and salt in winter (or combination of everything you drive over). They are there to prevent pebbles from hitting the area they cover so that it doesn't cause rusting. But i think their being there is damaging enough in the long term. Unless u r driving on dirt roads all the time.

I tossed mine out the 1st day I got them.. water gets trapped under them causing the first signs of rust or paint peel..

the reason why they were there is to prevent paint chips from rocks when the tires fling them...

you're damned if you have them or damned if you don't.

Eventually I tossed them out in favor of rolling my fenders for more tire clearance for wider tires. So, out they go anyways.

Keefe

Another reason i think they have them there is so in case of an ugly bump the tires don't sheared by the sharp edges of the metal in the wheel well.

I removed them for the same reason as above. Things get trapped in it and it's a pain to get under there and clean it ... i think it's cleaner and easier to get dirt and dry mud out when i don't have these on.

Another reason i think they have them there is so in case of an ugly bump the tires don't sheared by the sharp edges of the metal in the wheel well.

I removed them for the same reason as above. Things get trapped in it and it's a pain to get under there and clean it ... i think it's cleaner and easier to get dirt and dry mud out when i don't have these on.

the offset of the stock rim is so far away from the fender edge that it wont come near of shredding the tire.

Keefe

honda's weakest part of the body was right above the rear wheel arch....exactly

where they placed the rubber/plastic protectors on their fenders. it

would always start rusting from there.

i was thinking about that the other day... if i should remove it or keep it on

there. i should probably take it off.

Archived