LegacyGT.com

CEL - Will unmarry AP process erase code?

All,

Threw a code this morning... when I get home, I plan to check it out via AP. Ironically, I have a service appt tomorrow to do a few minor things before the LGT is out of warranty (35.5k). Was thinking of un-marrying the AP to be safe, but will it erase this code? If it is a miss-fire I want it to be there since my idle is rough... may be an injector. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Mike

What stage are you 1 or 2?

If you are stage 2 with catless pipes once you unmarry, the cel will likely return after driving around a few miles.

If you are stage 1, you can unmarry and not worry about a thing.

All,

Threw a code this morning... when I get home, I plan to check it out via AP. Ironically, I have a service appt tomorrow to do a few minor things before the LGT is out of warranty (35.5k). Was thinking of un-marrying the AP to be safe, but will it erase this code? If it is a miss-fire I want it to be there since my idle is rough... may be an injector. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Mike

Just check the code... your screwed either way.

If you unmarry, you lose the code, if you leave it married, you lose the map and AP.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

+1. Pull the code before you take it in. Then if it doesn't come back, just tell the service dept. that you went to an autoparts store to check if it was a park and tow problem or if you could still drive it to the dealer. At least this way you know what the issue was and you can report it.
Let's kick this pig!

It was P0302... I'm stage 1.

"if you leave it married, you lose the map and AP." Please elaborate.

I didn't plan to un-marry the AP, can they tell I have it? Can they make my AP obsolete? Very concerned.

Mike

I know... bad injector, plug, coil pack something. I want them to fix it, but I hear they won't without the code. only 500 miles left with warranty. Looks like I should un-marry it? Help me out. I would love to leave it to have proof but if they mess with the ECU, they might make my AP obsolete? Help.

Just check the code... your screwed either way.

If you unmarry, you lose the code, if you leave it married, you lose the map and AP.

cough:BS:cough :lol:

If you have a CEL when you unmarry, it will still be there afterwards.

Reset the CEL with the AP, then unmarry it, if that's what you want.

"if you leave it married, you lose the map and AP." Please elaborate.

I didn't plan to un-marry the AP, can they tell I have it? Can they make my AP obsolete? Very concerned.

Mike

What he is tyring to say is if you leave your AP married to the car and they just so happen to reflash your ECU your AP is gone. you will have to send it back to COBB along with some money for them to fix it. didnt know if you knew that or not. If you did dissregaurd, and if you didnt now you do. Your better off unmarrying it just to be on the safe side though.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

cough:BS:cough :lol:

If you have a CEL when you unmarry, it will still be there afterwards.

Reset the CEL with the AP, then unmarry it, if that's what you want.

uninstalled... CEL is gone though! Poop.

;) Don't question me PhilT.

PhilT = n00000000000000000b!!!:lol:

Tell the dealer you were on a vacation. It came up, you took it to a shop and they ran the code and cleared it for you.

At least mention it and have it in writting in your warranty notes.

Remember... Power train is 50k/6 years so this is a powertrain issue... right?

I told them the Autozone douchebag cleared it. We will see what happens. I will get it in the notes if they don't do anything. I just hope they fix it now since I'm ready to go stage II. Car still ran strong, just the studder issue, huh.

Are powertrain warranty is 50K/60? I have an 05?

yes.

The powertrain warranty is:

Powertrain Limited Warranty

Powertrain coverage for all models is five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. It covers the major powertrain components listed below:*

Engine block and all internal parts

Cylinder heads and valve train

Oil pump, oil pan

Timing belts or gears and covers

Water pump

Flywheel

Intake manifold

Oil seals and gaskets

Turbocharger Assembly

Transaxle case and internal parts

Transaxle seals and gaskets

Axle shafts and constant velocity joints (except boots)**

Torque converter

Electronic transmission control unit

Transaxle seals and gaskets

Propeller shaft

Wheel bearings

http://www.subaru.com/owners/warranty/index.jsp?year=2005

Update: Dealer would not do a thing for the CEL. He assumed bad injector as well but there was no code to be found... wonder why... huh.

He said they drove it and ran a diagnostic but it showed nothing.

What should I do???

Keep the stock cal and hope it throws the code? I sure want to install my stage II parts but they may blame it on that. I can't even go back to stage 1 because I will just erase any code again? poop, any ideas?

Archived