LegacyGT.com

Recently installed swaybars problem...

yuhocheung

hi all, i've gone to the garage to install the cusco rear sway and whiteline front sway plus avo endlinks today... the technician said that in order to install the cusco.. they either said they had to move down the downpipe or the muffler... so i said ok... this was in the morning...

i dunno if i didnt notice until later or what... whenever i drive over a not-so-deep pothole or manhole... and i'm driving slow... like 40km/h... i hear clanking sound... like metal hitting metal... can anybody diagnose this?... i dunno if this is important but i also have the tein h-tech springs... thanks...

alright... somebody tell me if this is fitted backwards... i crouched down to look at the rear sway... and found that the centre of the sway is behind the 2 ends... so let's say from the side view.. my car's front is pointing to the left of me... the rear swaybar from the side would look like "\" ... does anybody get that? plz help!!

What springs are you running.

I have the AVo endlinks and they are adjustable so make sure they match.

When I had my H-techs the bar would bang over bumps like you describe. After I installed the Bilstein Struts it went away.

Denial is your best friend

What springs are you running.

I have the AVo endlinks and they are adjustable so make sure they match.

When I had my H-techs the bar would bang over bumps like you describe. After I installed the Bilstein Struts it went away.

i'm running on h-techs right now... the first suggestion i got was make sure the avo endlinks r the tightest/shortest... any other things i can do instead of buying new parts like bilsteins? and should i take it back to the shop and have them move the exhaust/muffler back to stock place? thanks

I don't actually think u can install the bar the other way around...but who knows...i think u can take a look on the sliver cusco sticker, it should be facing the tail downwards

when i did my cusco RSB I did took off the muffler to get better access of the stock RSB

as for the sound from bumps...I'm thinking could it be because of the ride height(being too low and not enough upper arm travel so it ended up hitting therbump stop)...b/c i have the same situation with my GT as well, it was lowered by tein flex, the fender gap is around 2 fingers at the back

alan

Are you sure it isn't the front sway bar? I didn't know any other companies besides rallitek had a FSB available for the 2.5i. If they got it in there, they either removed the heat shield or modified it to fit and didn't give it enough clearance.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't actually think u can install the bar the other way around...but who knows...i think u can take a look on the sliver cusco sticker, it should be facing the tail downwards

when i did my cusco RSB I did took off the muffler to get better access of the stock RSB

as for the sound from bumps...I'm thinking could it be because of the ride height(being too low and not enough upper arm travel so it ended up hitting therbump stop)...b/c i have the same situation with my GT as well, it was lowered by tein flex, the fender gap is around 2 fingers at the back

alan

I don't know on the legacy, but when I had my accord, I got in accident and my suspension got messed up. When the shop who was repairing my ride put the sway bar back on, they were able to fit it on backwards, It clunked for a few days and I took it back, they couldn't believe the sway fit, but, it did... backwards, so you never know I wouldn't totally rule that out, but more than likely it just sounds like he needs to shorten up the endlinks.

Archived