LegacyGT.com

Where can I get vent inserts for 08 rear bumper?

Bbc84

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dunno if they'll look right on the QSM... even though it would compliment the black foglight casing in the front (symmetry i guess) there really isnt any other black on the rear end. anyone else have an opinion?

Might look better if teh close out panel that surrounds the exhaust tips was the same blackish color. However if it doesn't look right I am probably just going to get them painted to body color.

Why did subaru put reflectors in the bumper if the car has parking lights???

Because it is federal law in the USA that all cars must have red reflectors in the rear. The previous years just have the reflectors in the lens of the taillights.

Look at the rear end of a current model Lexus RX300 and you'll see that they employed the same technique (same with later model BMW 3 series).

Oh yeah, for you picture hungry members...

http://www.emotion-fuk.com/top008.jpg

That is the first of the new rear ends that I like. Partially because of the fact that the ugly chrome trim under the taillights is color matched with the body of the car (and the bumper which is a Mirage bumper).

Where on the Japan Parts site will this be and when do you think it will be up?

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=&car=&middlesmall=&maker=&volkey=107-047-001

Part number: 107-047-001 expect 10-15 days delivery, this is for a PAIR ( links above )

To Order:

Click on the shopping cart icon to the right of the Part on our Site

Choose your delivery address eg: NORTH AMERICA, USA, State from the dropdown menu, ( EUROPE/UK/LONDON etc. )

This will generate a +total+ with postage to where you are ( no obligation to buy )

**You are entitled to a 10% Discount on our Parts pricing, so put "GTCLUB09DISC" in the comments section of our Order form and our Staff will email you with the *Discounted* total**

Expect 10-15 days to your Door from us receiving your Order, we'll advise a tracking number once packed and out

**Subaru call this Part a "Foglight cover" , we don't know of any "Foglight" that's sold for this back bumper tho' ( but that's what they call these ) Also not a *Grille* as these don't let air through, it looks like a Grille back actually a solid Matt Black ABS plastic piece*

Best

Graham Ware

Export Manager

Japanparts LLC

Here in Australia most people hate the fake vents. They make a $50,000 car look like it's wearing $8 parts.

Painted would look sweet though.

If you could geta set of rear fog lights to replace them, they would at least be practical.

I would swap mine for reflectors if I had the chance (but I am driving a MY04 - MY05 in the US).

Each to their own.

Tim

Guest DJ Proez
From what it looks like the vents wont fit the USDM bumper the reflectors on the JDM models are bigger thus the hole must be bigger I could be wrong though.

Yea you can be the Ginni pig on this. How are they held on anyway plastic clips?

What is that some sort of Italian smack talk?

:lol:

Not sure how they are held in, but I'll hopefully have a digital camera by then and try to take some pics as I do it for everyone including finished results.

From what it looks like the vents wont fit the USDM bumper the reflectors on the JDM models are bigger thus the hole must be bigger I could be wrong though.

*Highly* unlikely Subaru are going to mold 2 x different Bumper faces and 2 x inserts ( when one will do )

JDM vents are 13cm tall along the "straight " edge; and 7.5cm wide at the bottom

No clips; these just push into place and molded tabs on the cover locate this snugly into the Bumper

GW

Holy crap that was fast!!!!!! I ordered on the 6th and received them today!

I would have had them yesterday if I was home.

I ordered something else from another company 2 days earlier in OH and still haven't received it.

Props to Japanparts! E-mail confirmation and tracking was great.

Tonight I'll try and get the reflectors out and install these.

Archived