LegacyGT.com

2005 LEGACY 2.5I ROTORS... Unavailable? wtf?

Admrl

I havent been to the dealer yet, as its sunday, but heres todays story:

I have an 05 LGT, my friend has an 05 2.5i, 16 inch wheels, etc. We went to replace the rotors and pads, as he has some horrible noises coming from the car. We took a front and a rea off, because we didnt know where the noise was coming from... Rear bads are gone down to metal, and the rotor is toast.

We headed out to the parts store, and Auto Zone, and Advanced said not only dont they have them, they cant get them. Napa could order them, but we didnt spcify what model or anything.

Came back here to research where to get them, and theres a bunch of different sizes. Went to this website:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2005.html#mechanical

... which may or may not be correct, but it states 10.8 vented front rotor, 10.6 solid rear. But a lot of the parts catalogs on the innernetz (Napa, Rock auto, etc) dont specify the car between LGT and L2.5i, so all we get is an 11.5 vented.

WTF???

Were trying to find a decent price on rotors, so if and when we go to the dealer, we know if were getting screwed. Where is everyone getting 2.5i rear (and front i suppose) rotors??

Thanks in advance...

Well, i dont need anything special for the fronts... I can find fronts all day long.

Im trying to specifically find Rear Rotors. Advanced has them listed as a part they cannot order. Same at AZ.

Anyone else?

Archived