LegacyGT.com

installed metra kit, now hazards don't work?

bjmsdrum00

any insight into this problem?? i installed the metra kit and put in a kenwood CD player, but my hazard lights don't come on now . . . the button still looks and feels like it works, and the turn signals work, but no hazard lights . . . for some reason in the back of my mind i think i've heard this problem somewhere before. i did a search for it and couldn't come up with anything though. any thoughts??

yea, that climate contril cable was horrible. but, in the end, AFTER i disconnected it, i just unscrewed the climate control panel from the bracket, so i didn't even NEED to unhook the cable ...blah...

bdubs, so you're saying that if, for example, i don't plug in the hazard lights, the turn signals will not work? if this is the case then i must have somehow damaged the button. (how in the world do you break a hazard button???? lol)

This happened to me while I was installing my aftermarket radio. The problem I had was that I kinda rushed things when putting everything back together. I ended up bending 2 of the prongs in the connector that goes into the back of the hazard button. Open it up and look closely at the white (if I remember correctly it is white) connector and you'll see I think 4 prongs. They are EXTREMELY easy to bend if you're not careful.

• 6 years later...

Archived