LegacyGT.com

Whiteline Front Sway Position

rmcferon

I just installed the Whiteline non-adjustable f/r sway bars. The rear bar came with the clamps to limit the horizontal position. The front bar did not come with any clamps. Before the install I noticed that the Whiteline front bar is narrower than the stock bar, but install went OK. I used the stock endlinks on both. After driving I notice that the front bar has shifted position and the passenger side endlink is straight up and down but the drivers side is angled in toward the center of the car.

Is this normal? Do I need to put some stops on the front? Anyone else have a front bar that is narrower than the stock bar?

I tried to search for any mention of this but only found discussions of the rear bar movement. Anything that I found about the Whiteline front said "No Problems"

I tried making a clamp out of rubber hose and a screw down hose clamp. Not much success. The side that needs the stop is right next to the exhaust and the sway bar gets pretty hot there. Not hot enough to melt the rubber (heater hose) but hot enough to let it slide no matter how tight I screw down the clamp.

I don't think that any type of clamp will work in that spot. Any other suggestions?

I don't think that any type of clamp will work in that spot. Any other suggestions?

After more searching I came accross the thread about the Cobb front sway. It was an inch too narrow and there are pics on how to rig it. I measured mine and it is almost exactly an inch narrow. I guess that this fix will work for the Whiteline.

I'm really curious about other Whiteline front sways. Are they all an inch too narrow?

Archived