LegacyGT.com

Done deal ordered a GT today dealer problem though

Well I did it ordered my GT today I am amped up. Just hate the wait I have ahead. He said he would order it tomorrow and try to get it in the Nov alottment to have in Dec but if not I'll see it in Jan. No big deal I have a good car now. He said he will call me with a VIN# when he gets it and that the cars are built in Indiana and go to Boston to have options installed then to the dealer. This may get a bit long winded but I am a bit pissed at the first Subaru dealer I dealt with tonight. I have done alot of shopping around and research. I had found the best price at one area dealer and posted my quotes here. It seemed good coming in at around 200 dollars under invoice according to Edmunds. As a final effort I spot an ad in the newspaper for a dealer about 50 miles away proclaimed to be "The biggest Subaru dealer on LI" and I say what the heck and call. I shoot the sales guy striaght up the best number I had in hand and asked if he could beat it. He calls back an hour later and says yeah i'll do 100 dollars better. Armed with this I go tonight to my local dealer that had the best price and tell the guy if he matches the 100 dollar difference i'll sign right now. A couple trips in and out of the "mangers" office and it's done ,so the paperwork starts up. He writes up the bill I am filling out the loan application he is charging my card for the deposit and comes back with "Oh wait a minute we have a problem". I am thinking the card is not going through for some reason. No this guy tells me "I made a mistake that is not the price of the car it's going to be 500 dollars more". I'm saying WTF? Is this guy for real? He tells me he accidently wrote the wrong numbers down. Good grief the swindle attempt. So with that I am OUTY! He tells me if the other dealer will give you that deal jump on it. I get 5 feet outside the dealer door and I am on the phone with the out of town dealer rehashing everything to make sure we are in order before I make the trip. Long story short this guy is great straight up. Gives me the deal he stated on the phone of 300 under invoice. I guess in a way I am glad the guy screwd up becuase I gave the guy at the dealer I bought the car from a white lie. From that I netted a great deal. Edmunds lists the average buying price in my area at 26,077 dollars I paid 24,696 dollars and invioce is 25,056 all according to Edmunds. I think I did very well after all the work I put into this purchase. I feel real lucky to be getting a car this nice I really mean that. I was under the impression that I would get my interest rate within a day or two upon approval of the loan. He told me the loan gets approved and when the car arrives I get the current rate at that time being that I am ordering it. The new rates come out tomorrow I hope they dont go up I was hoping for the 3.9% that my credit score would get me thru SOA aka Chase Man. I wanted the car a certain way (color and options) let the waiting and anticipaction begin............

Yeah my credit score is in the high 600's I dont think i'll hit the 700 mark needed for the 2.9% but hey I never know I guess. I know i'm good for the 3.9%. On a side note the salesman who sold me the car told me yesterday Dec 1st the programs for Subaru did not change. Now I need to find out if he squeeked my car into the Nov allotment.

[quote name='KTM 525']Well I did it ordered my GT today I am amped up. Just hate the wait I have ahead. He said he would order it tomorrow and try to get it in the Nov alottment to have in Dec but if not I'll see it in Jan. No big deal I have a good car now. He said he will call me with a VIN# when he gets it and that the cars are built in Indiana and go to Boston to have options installed then to the dealer. This may get a bit long winded but I am a bit pissed at the first Subaru dealer I dealt with tonight. I have done alot of shopping around and research. I had found the best price at one area dealer and posted my quotes here. It seemed good coming in at around 200 dollars under invoice according to Edmunds. As a final effort I spot an ad in the newspaper for a dealer about 50 miles away proclaimed to be "The biggest Subaru dealer on LI" and I say what the heck and call. I shoot the sales guy striaght up the best number I had in hand and asked if he could beat it. He calls back an hour later and says yeah i'll do 100 dollars better. Armed with this I go tonight to my local dealer that had the best price and tell the guy if he matches the 100 dollar difference i'll sign right now. A couple trips in and out of the "mangers" office and it's done ,so the paperwork starts up. He writes up the bill I am filling out the loan application he is charging my card for the deposit and comes back with "Oh wait a minute we have a problem". I am thinking the card is not going through for some reason. No this guy tells me "I made a mistake that is not the price of the car it's going to be 500 dollars more". I'm saying WTF? Is this guy for real? He tells me he accidently wrote the wrong numbers down. Good grief the swindle attempt. So with that I am OUTY! He tells me if the other dealer will give you that deal jump on it. I get 5 feet outside the dealer door and I am on the phone with the out of town dealer rehashing everything to make sure we are in order before I make the trip. Long story short this guy is great straight up. Gives me the deal he stated on the phone of 300 under invoice. I guess in a way I am glad the guy screwd up becuase I gave the guy at the dealer I bought the car from a white lie. From that I netted a great deal. Edmunds lists the average buying price in my area at 26,077 dollars I paid 24,696 dollars and invioce is 25,056 all according to Edmunds. I think I did very well after all the work I put into this purchase. I feel real lucky to be getting a car this nice I really mean that. I was under the impression that I would get my interest rate within a day or two upon approval of the loan. He told me the loan gets approved and when the car arrives I get the current rate at that time being that I am ordering it. The new rates come out tomorrow I hope they dont go up I was hoping for the 3.9% that my credit score would get me thru SOA aka Chase Man. I wanted the car a certain way (color and options) let the waiting and anticipaction begin............[/QUOTE] May I ask a silly question, the price $24696 with tax? or tax is extra? I am from Oregon, no sale tax here...

Archived