LegacyGT.com

Typical weight of a 225/40 18 summer tire

ripsweetness

Im looking at tires and probably want more from it than is possible but I want a Quiet/comfortable tire that performs well and is light with good tread wear. I was lookng at the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 but found out it weighs 24 lbs. Thats kindu heavy isnt it?

dont take tire weight alone. measure both rim and tire weight. often times, the tire will weigh more than the rim. 24lbs for a tire is not overly heavy. my 245/35/18 r-comps weigh that much.

The rim is an 18x8 SSR type C RS and weighs 17.5lbs so it is pretty light compared to the tire.

Im looking at tires and probably want more from it than is possible but I want a Quiet/comfortable tire that performs well and is light with good tread wear. I was lookng at the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 but found out it weighs 24 lbs. Thats kindu heavy isnt it?

Lightest ever was the Toyo T1-S at a low 19.5 lbs while other tires such as the Falken Azenis tips the scale at 25 lbs

Keefe

You can check the weight on various tires on Tirerack, although you have to click the 'Specs' link for each tire individually to do it: TireRack 225/40/18

And EdgeRacing list weights for brands TireRack doesn't carry:

http://www.edgeracing.com/tires/2254018/

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived