LegacyGT.com

HID retro Help

bman

After reading about HID options, I am considering doing the RX330 retro. Thanks to MiniStiGuy for the info. I can find find most of the parts that I need (ebay, HIDPlanet, etc.) but, I don't know where to get a harness from the stock wiring to the ballast. Do all ballasts have the same power connector? If not, then I have to match the H7 side to the ballast connection, right?

Thanks,

Brian

I used spade connectors, the wide ones. Just take an H7 bulb into your local Lowes or HD and you'll find them in the electrical section. Just size the proper spade up with the prong off the H7 bulb. I used the red spade connectors 22-18 gauge wire. Check what size of wire is coming from your ballast.

I think that the original question was that if you get the whole setup from an RX330 with the projectors, bulbs, ballasts and all, how do you go about connecting the stock headlamp connector into the receiving end of the RX330's ballast? If this is not the same question as bman, then I am asking it now. Is there an adapter that I could use to connect the Legacy's headlight bulb connector to the input on the ballast of a RX330? Can I just splice the wires together somehow or do I need to figure something else out? Thanks.

^ could be the same question but definitely the same answer.

Open your headlight cover and take out the bulb. You will see the harnes (connector) and my previous post will make sense. Splice in the spade connectors on the ballast power wires.

Pass the wires through the grommet (you'll have to punch new holes) and connect the wires on the inside. Connect +ve to +ve and -ve to -ve.

Best thing to do is take a look at the headlight and the wiring.

Archived