LegacyGT.com

Utah - Where to Buy 93 Octane fuel???

Hops

Chiz:

Been running it for a year in both the GTL and STi with no problems. We have 93 octane at one station here in Denver but it a ways away and don't always have time to get over there for 93 octane.

Not in Utah, Colorado @ 5800'.

We mix at the pump most of the time but have extra E85 in a fill tank for emergencies and trips where they only have 91 octane.

If tuned for 91 I'm not sure you will see a big difference in power with 93. We were both tuned to run 93 and have always stuck with 93 octane gas or E85 and 91 octane to obtain 93 octane.

Parker

Yeah, I'm just curious to see how it'll run. It's not a daily driver so I want to get what I can out of it. So for the Legacy, how exactly do you do it at the pump? I want to try this. I understand the 15/85 mix I just want to know how you usually measure it.

Chiz:

Assuming 91 octane in the tank, start by adding 2.5 gallons of E85 and fill the rest with 91 octane. This will give you 93 octane in the tank. Don't put E85 in the tank and drive some where else to get the 91 octane because that can cause problems.

After that you have 93 in the tank and need to know how many gollons it takes to fill up at a given point on your gas gauge. For us we always fill up at 1/4 full which equates to +/-13 gallons. So we add 2.0 gallons E85 and the rest 91 octane for 93 octane. It may sound hard but it gets much easier after a couple fill ups. 1/4 gallon of extra E85 doesn't change the octane rating much so use more than less and you will be fine.

Good luck and hope you feel a difference!

Parker

Archived