LegacyGT.com

Anyone have a walkthrough for installing the Perrin TMIC?

I just installed the Perrin TMIC last night for the first time. Can someone tell me what the point is to step 7 (where you remove the rubber caps from the boost tube) in the instructions?

I tried it with and without the caps and reused the caps on both ends. Works fine with no leaks, I just don't see the point in removing them.

Now what is the biggest LGT style turbo I can run with this and Meth?

Theoretically the Perrin TMIC is good for up to around 400ish crank HP without meth and just a bit higher with it. I'll be putting a DB 20G Zilla under mine in the next couple months and hopefully it should put down around 330whp. You can use any turbo that will fit, but you just won't be able to max the turbo out with the TMIC and meth if it's any bigger than a 20G, 40BB, AVO420... after that you need to go FMIC. Of course no matter what you will have more heatsoak on the TMIC as the turbo gets bigger, so wet injection is almost a must.

The point of #7 is so that those end pieces don't slide off under higher boost levels. I left he one on the TB end, but removed the one on the IC end. 6 of one half a dozen of the other. I've never had that hose blow off either with or without the end rings on it.

Let's kick this pig!

I just installed the Perrin TMIC last night for the first time. Can someone tell me what the point is to step 7 (where you remove the rubber caps from the boost tube) in the instructions?

I tried it with and without the caps and reused the caps on both ends. Works fine with no leaks, I just don't see the point in removing them.

Now what is the biggest LGT style turbo I can run with this and Meth?

Take them both off, IMO. I would repeatedly tighten up the clamp on the TB side with that cap on, and it would always develop a leak under boost until I took it off. I have blue stains from the washer fluid all over that side of the block to prove it:lol: kinda like Fletch.

As for turbos, RC is running a 20G with meth and the perrin, bosco has a 380 and meth, but is on an AVO TMIC I believe. I run a 40BB with meth and the perrin. All three turbos seem to run healthy in their respective setups.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Theoretically the Perrin TMIC is good for up to around 400ish crank HP without meth and just a bit higher with it. I'll be putting a DB 20G Zilla under mine in the next couple months and hopefully it should put down around 330whp. You can use any turbo that will fit, but you just won't be able to max the turbo out with the TMIC and meth if it's any bigger than a 20G, 40BB, AVO420... after that you need to go FMIC. Of course no matter what you will have more heatsoak on the TMIC as the turbo gets bigger, so wet injection is almost a must.

The point of #7 is so that those end pieces don't slide off under higher boost levels. I left he one on the TB end, but removed the one on the IC end. 6 of one half a dozen of the other. I've never had that hose blow off either with or without the end rings on it.

thanks, good luck with the new setup!

Take them both off, IMO. I would repeatedly tighten up the clamp on the TB side with that cap on, and it would always develop a leak under boost until I took it off. I have blue stains from the washer fluid all over that side of the block to prove it:lol: kinda like Fletch.

As for turbos, RC is running a 20G with meth and the perrin, bosco has a 380 and meth, but is on an AVO TMIC I believe. I run a 40BB with meth and the perrin. All three turbos seem to run healthy in their respective setups.

Would you consider an AVO 450 doable with a TMIC and WI? I don't care if I have some lag, I just want the most top end pull I can get with a TMIC.

I would live to take a road trip up north some weekend and get a ride in a few of these cars. I know I will see a few of you at track days and I know that will motivate me to spend some more money on mods

edit - Oh yeah, who thinks they are the quickest?

Would you consider an AVO 450 doable with a TMIC and WI? I don't care if I have some lag, I just want the most top end pull I can get with a TMIC.

I would live to take a road trip up north some weekend and get a ride in a few of these cars. I know I will see a few of you at track days and I know that will motivate me to spend some more money on mods

edit - Oh yeah, who thinks they are the quickest?

I don't know much about turbos other than my own. I'd ask Rallitek about the 450 specifically.

I believe TRS and I are both signed up for the AMS event in April at Autobahn, full course, and cheap. You should try and make that one.

Oh yeah, meier motorsports thinks he's the quickest, but in reality, BoxerGT2.5 is likely the fastest.

I don't know much about turbos other than my own. I'd ask Rallitek about the 450 specifically.

I believe TRS and I are both signed up for the AMS event in April at Autobahn, full course, and cheap. You should try and make that one.

Oh yeah, meier motorsports thinks he's the quickest, but in reality, BoxerGT2.5 is likely the fastest.

I signed up for the April AMS event. I'll look for you guys.

Brian

BTW after 3 good days the boost tube is now leaking :redface:

I signed up for the April AMS event. I'll look for you guys.

Brian

BTW after 3 good days the boost tube is now leaking :redface:

Sweet, that will make three of us. Oh, and I told you so.:lol:;)

• 2 months later...

I installed mine on a lunch break...and I am not a mechanic. Be carefull though, I did later go back to put zip ties ont he t-connector (must do this) and ended up stripping out a turbo bolt!

use some hard grease to keep the o-ring in place while placing the TMIC.

It is a blue T-connector. Once you go stage 2 and higher boost. It may eventually blow off leading to rough idle and loss of power. It happened to me, it could happen to you. Someone took some good pics, I'll try to find the thread.

is the t-connector the rubber caps they are talking about? i still have to put some ties on it but it hasnt blown off yet

rubber caps are on the ends of the hose that connects the TMIC to the throttle body. I believe Perrin recommends you remove the cap on the TMIC side, but the one of the TV side also gave me problems until I removed it.

ive played with the t connector but i still cant picture these rubber caps. ive taken this thing off like 4-5 times now. should i bother to go back and check it or is it just so it fits in easier?

They're just sleeves on the end of the rubber hose between the TMIC and TB. They pull right off the end, once that end of the hose is freed up.

Anyone have pictures of how the throttlebody hose is supposed to sit. For the life of me yesterday I was trying to get it to sit correctly and it wouldn't and so my TMIC wouldn't line up to the turbo outlet when connected to the hose or vice versa

• 4 weeks later...
It is a blue T-connector. Once you go stage 2 and higher boost. It may eventually blow off leading to rough idle and loss of power. It happened to me, it could happen to you. Someone took some good pics, I'll try to find the thread.

Any luck on finding those pics? I have a feeling I may need to fix this because when I installed my TMIC i skipped this step too..

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
anyone have any pics of this blue connector or rubber caps...couldnt get the perrin to seat right so had to put the stocker back on

Here are some pics of the blue t connector/adapter that I believe you're talking about. I took these while trying to diagnose a #3 & #4 misfire. ugg... what a nightmare.

The hoses did not seem loose, but I zip tied them anyway while I was in there. Doing so does not seem to have stopped the CEL and misfire.

DSCN2126.thumb.jpg.79daf84d2c7809118379764ef6b8980b.jpg

DSCN2122.thumb.jpg.ac698fb4640142d01919414b771dff4b.jpg

DSCN2119.thumb.jpg.9554c250b4f23d518775939499a734c3.jpg

DSCN2128.thumb.jpg.81cf28eb521994ea12cfd774c0f7de20.jpg

DSCN2129.thumb.jpg.5bc7aed427b4b5e72f37138ca8f21d3b.jpg

Archived