LegacyGT.com

2008 Spec. B or 2008 2.5 GT

jay25rs

I'm not quite sure I understand this question? It's a touchscreen unit recessed into the center of the dash. The hardware/drivew for the navi is mounted under the driver's seat.

-Mike-

i mean what else does the navi screen control? is it just the navi and radio functions? or does it control a/c, heat, and some other stuff like in other brands of cars? how well does the navigation unit work? is it accurate, up to date, satellite or dvd based? does it block functions while driving like using the touchscreen, or is every feature available to be used while driving? are there any software or hardware hacks needed to make it better and more convenient?

o btw, where would i go about searching for a used 07 spec b? autotrader.com has nothing, and i would much rather go through the dealership.

NAV also gives trip info, MPG, miles till empty, etc., calendar. You can schedule service interval reminders. A very simple hack is needed to allow you to program the NAV while driving. Latest DVD software is 2.0, pretty new. You can also mod it with a bumper cam (like the Tribecca) to use for backup viewing. Can also be modded to play DVDs, but you'll need a seperate DVD player for that.

i mean what else does the navi screen control? is it just the navi and radio functions? or does it control a/c, heat, and some other stuff like in other brands of cars? how well does the navigation unit work? is it accurate, up to date, satellite or dvd based? does it block functions while driving like using the touchscreen, or is every feature available to be used while driving?

Along with what rs6er said, it is solely a navigation unit. It is not like a Mercedes COMMAND unit. The navigation works perfectly well for me in S.F., where most addresses/buildings have been around since the mid-1950s. If you live in a new community, there have been reports of missing streets/addresses. Finally, it does lock out a majority of functions while the vehicle is in motion (i.e. inputing a destination address). You can see that the radio and a/c are separate;

http://www.mcnproductions.com/lgt/interior/liberal1.jpg

-Mike-

Archived