LegacyGT.com

update

Mr. Ed

Ok, a few of you have been waiting to see my tint, which keeps getting pushed off due to scheduling etc.

Right now it is on hold until I get the car back tomorrow from SOP.

They are going to fix my leaky axle boot and some other warranty plastic issues

and.............................

The screaching noise I have had for about a week now is going to be inspected.

At first it was thought to be my belts slipping after the cobb pulley, or a boost leak from the sti up install.

Right now we speculate that the noise is the turbo bearing and that it is going on me. (not sure if anyone remembers but I was getting a burnt oil smell and smoke from my tail pipes about a month ago) It was suggested back then that a seal may have blown and the bearing would go shortly after)

If all goes well, it will be covered under warranty and If I get the car back I will be getting lev98 (from Nasioc) to do my tint. On Tuesday night.

If all goes bad I have a source for another turbo and should have it here by end of week. In which case I will still get the tint on Tuesday eve.

:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

Well, the tech said it sounds like it is the turbo, or a leak, I left the car there for 6 hrs and came back and it was untouched...he had to leave early )%

I'll find out more tomorrow

Everyone at the dealer assured me that I am under the 60k so that if it is the turbo it will in fact be covered.

calvin will never touch my car again.....this makes item number 3 that he missed that i knew was wrong, and he said there was nothing wrong. i took the car in two months ago thinking something was wrong with the turbo....

ok...vent off

it's good to see you posting mika...my alignment you did for me feels great!

I go through Betty for everything, and Rafael is who is doing my work. :)

I take it you went with Betty. Who was the tech? Was it Calvin? He's a young dude, but he's a decent tech.

Mika

Rafael took care of you? That's cool. Dammit, I'm sorry that Calvin didn't help you out:(. I'm glad that your car feels great after the alignment. I put the sways on my car and aligned it. I only got -.7 or so camber up front, but I zeroed the toes, and it feels WORLDS better. I would have liked to have gotten -1.0 to -1.2, but what can you do? The stock setting was around 0.0 to +.2! WAY too positive. At least now it plants better.

At least now you have a decent advisor and a decent tech. Hopefully they'll be able to take care of you from now on:).

Mika

Well, I got the car back today, and was assured that they took it on a test drive and the noise was gone....

everything felt fine...no noises........until I had to get on it a little (about 3200 rpm) out here getting on a country road, and it is still doing it!!!!!!!

I picked up sways today Mika...is it a fairly easy install?

Yeah, it's an easy install. For the front, it's got a bracket like a WRX that you need to take off, but that bracket is a LOT smaller than the WRX. For the rear, I disconnected the mufflers and swung the sway out and it came out like butter. Nothing tricky, but just your usual stuff you need to deal with.

Mika

wow, it was super easy....the front took like 15 minutes....the back 1 1/2 hours or so....those 19mm bolts are crazy

Yeah, it's an easy install. For the front, it's got a bracket like a WRX that you need to take off, but that bracket is a LOT smaller than the WRX. For the rear, I disconnected the mufflers and swung the sway out and it came out like butter. Nothing tricky, but just your usual stuff you need to deal with.

Mika

after 3 trips to the dealership, new belts, a new turbo, and alot of frustration......

the issue was a leaking uppipe gasket

i got under the car with soapy water after being told it was my air intake making the noise and got bubblies on the lower up pipe flange

after 3 trips to the dealership, new belts, a new turbo, and alot of frustration......

the issue was a leaking uppipe gasket

i got under the car with soapy water after being told it was my air intake making the noise and got bubblies on the lower up pipe flange

well at least you got a new turbo out of it :)

Archived