LegacyGT.com

Synthetic Oil

[quote name='liquidiq']Where is your proof?[/QUOTE] Where's your proof that it is bad? Can't prove a negative. Just ask Sadaam. However, the fact that Dodge, GM and Porsche use it in their vehicles from the factory leads some credence that it's an ok idea and your wheels won't fall off. John

I CLEARLY indicated that mine was an OPINION.... Also if you will notice what I said was THESE ARE THE FIRST 4 GOOGLE LINKS WHEN SEARCHING... ["break in" "synthetic"] Find ANYONE besides mobil 1 who agrees with you. As far as the other companies... You have NO idea whether or not they go through a quick break-in procedure like described in the mototune website... I KNOW for a fact that porsche breaks in and drives EVERY car before shipping. [url]http://www.porsche-leipzig.com/en/beginn/default.htm[/url] [url]http://www3.porsche.com/english/usa/company/zuffenhausen/sequence/default.htm[/url] As far as the other companies... I'm SURE the high end one's pre-break in the car in order to assure a clean break in procedure... Almost ALL companies at this point do some sort of break-in procedure to the engine before shipping.

[quote name='NonovUrbizniz'] Find ANYONE besides mobil 1 who agrees with you. [/QUOTE] Um, GM, Porsche, Aston-Martin and any other manufacturer who fills their brand new cars with Mobile1. Really, follow your logic - Cars should not switch to synthetic until 10K (you later changed it to 5K). Brand new Porches, Corvettes and Aston-Martins (with 0 miles on them) come with a synthetic oil from the factory. Now, I'm no engineer, but I think that perhaps companies that makle cars know a little bit on how they should be broken in. The fact that brand new cars come with synthetic oil is proof enough for me that the 'no synthetic until 5K, 10K, whatever' is a buncha crap. Was that simple enough for you? John

• 4 weeks later...

Archived