LegacyGT.com

Need help with Headlight

Rockets GT

I' noticed last night that my passenger headlight has some condensation in it. My brother (a car nut) cleared my headlights for me a few years ago when I was visiting home in AZ and I don't have the balls to open it back up to dry it out.

Anyone in the Denver area have experience with their headlights and would be willing to help me dry out mine? I'd be willing to offer food, beer or even cash. I'm in the wash park/DU area of town.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Oven here.

It's not to bad of a process overall, but you might want to figure out what he used to seal the headlight. If he didn't apply anything new you should be able to go without a problem.

In my case I used silicone to seal it up and don't know how well it melts easily.

Oven here.

It's not to bad of a process overall, but you might want to figure out what he used to seal the headlight. If he didn't apply anything new you should be able to go without a problem.

In my case I used silicone to seal it up and don't know how well it melts easily.

He didn't apply anything new, he used the excess OEM silicone(or whatever it was originally sealed with) to re-seal it. I looked today and the condensation is gone. Thoughts?

I have the same issue(got into an accident and the body shop did not replace the lights) but was not an issue before.

Thus I think it is not completely sealed. I'd reheat them and reseal with silicone. I may be able to help you on the weekend but I take no responsibility for what might happen.

PM me if your interested

Condensation will happen. There are plastic 'caps' on the back of your headlight that seal it off from the elements. It's so dry here typically, you can take one of those off and it will evaporate your headlight very quickly if you're driving. If you are really worried about it you can reseal them, but imho, it's too much work for the occasional condensation.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Archived