LegacyGT.com

Finally a test drive................

KTM 525

Been lookin at the LGT for a good 3 months now and thanks to this site have compiled a great deal of information. There are 4 Suby dealers in my area and only one had a manual and between work and home it's been tough getting the big 2 hours together to drive one. Today I went down there and took the LGT out.The roads were wet with light rain still coming down and I figured what better conditions to test in. The car had 81 miles on it and we stopped for gas at wich point he hands the wheel over to me. Off I go and the sales guy tells me "Drive it however you want to.The worst that will happen is you will hit the rev limiter". I'm saying jeez feel bad for the sap who buys this car as I know I cant be the first person he is giving this line to. He adds "these motors are broken in at the factory on a dyno machine". I never really wooped up on it shifting at about 4,500 or so.To be honest the power is not the sole attraction of this car to me. After all I have a mid 10 second street car for E-ticket rides. I was interested in the ride and it met all expectations. I have never driven an AWD car. Hung a couple turns pretty good entering and exting them in 2nd gear while applying some throttle. The AWD is impressive on wet ground. The stereo sounded great and the subwoofer option was in this car. The heated seats were a treat and to my surprise both upper and lower surfaces heat up and I thought it was only the lower. Steering felt great,loved the whole car period. Funniest part of the ordeal was when he asked if I would be interested in the car I drove. HAHA good one fella my car will be ordered. Now to see what this guy comes back with for a price. He must speak with his sales manager tomorrow as I told him I have a quote of under invioce from another dealer. Either way I am pulling the trigger soon. I hope to do it by Tues to get the 3.9% and at that I wont see the car until mid January. A special thanks to all involved with this site.

I also fell in love with this car after the test drive. Just like your sales guy, my sales guy also gave me the freedom to test the car however I wanted. Good luck in your order as I'm buying mine this week. I have a couple of quotes in my email inbox and will try to milk each one to get the best deal. DC!

I'm convinced that people who really drive this car, are going to buy it. There is just too much fun factor in this car to ignore. It calls to and reaches one on a visceral level that I've not experienced before. Don't get me wrong, I've bracket raced in the 9's all day long and while that will get your blood boiling, this car just adds something more personal and energizing than straight-line, go fast driving does. Having driven Subarus for all of my adult life, I continue to be amazed by both their engineering and their commitment to building "different", but exciting cars. Hope you can join the league. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Whitestar you have a good point on the stereo comparo. The monsoon does kick some butt. I thought the stereo sounded good in spite of that. My daily driver is a 2000 Hyundai Elantra and that stereo is weak. Subie there is little doubt in my mind after the test drive. I will own a LGT and be a permanent part of this fine forum.

Archived