LegacyGT.com

Is this one piece or many pieces??

Recently I was looking at my car and i noticed the the little rectangular plate that goes right around the gear shifter on my Automatic transmission Legacy has a few scratches on it - probbbably caused by dragging the vacuum cleaner hose across it. I was wondering if it is possible to replace that plate by itself - just the inner rectangle that goes goes around the shifter and covers the D, R, N, P options. It is basically the cover in the middle that is surrounded by the alimunium. Is that a piece that stands by itself or would one have to replace the entire center console in order to get to that area? How much does such a replacement cost?

Here is a link to a photo of the center console. It is the rectangle area or cover in the middle that is surrounded by aluminum.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2006/subaru/legacy/photos/interior/center_console.html

Thank you....now am I able to put that part in without having to take apart the entire center console?

Hmm..i guess the proper name of the part is shift indicator..let me search this website and see if anyone ever replaced one..cost is about 40-50 bucks

Oh and do you by chance have the part number for the entire center console? I guess I can find that somewhere...

I want to replace it all and then scratch it up again 3 days later :) HOPE NOT

Archived