LegacyGT.com

Legacy Sedan Trunk(cargo) Light

appu32

Folks,

I'm a new '05 gt owner and a relative newbie to the site. I've done a few mods, nothing major, based on stuff on the forum and direction from members. Thanks much for the help.

My topic here is trunk light for sedans. Do legacys sedans come with them? Or are they an OEM accessory? If not, is there a way to put one in. I could not find any in mine. I do a lot of night time driving and dearly miss this light. I've tried searching on the forums extensively, but there seems to be no topic on it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Does your car have an indicator to tell you when the trunk is open? If so then there should be an existing switch that you could use to switch an LED style light like the one I installed. My car had an existing light which I removed to install the LED strip light. This light is super bright! The photo was taken with direct sunlight at my back. Anyway you may have to find a constant hot or maybe even install an additional plunger style switch or mercury switch. It should be pretty easy as long as you have the resources.;)

1374223803_trunklight.gif.05fb044202566910b90634707a317fc6.gif

Thanks people for the replies. I figured it out based on your feedback. The entire trunk light assembly is missing. The harness that goes into to light assembly is dangling freely in the trunk. I will call the previous owner to figure out what happened, or just put one a new one in myself

Archived