LegacyGT.com

shave 2 seconds off your 1/4 mile and it is 100% free.

Funny chit. I know it's a joke, but there's some seriousness to it too - like the rediculousness of 19" wheels and the difference between serious racers (stripped down cars) and weekend warriors.

I - for one - am still a weekend warrior. I like my perf leather too much. ;D

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

doesn't matter what kind of car or who makes it it's still simple physics, power to weight. you can make a turd go 200 mph if you put enough power to it. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

you came out of the womb 35 :lol:

crazy isn't it, you spend the first nine months of your life trying to get out and the rest of your life trying to get back in. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Extreme. The biggest eye opener for me are the wheels. 0.3 tenths and 1.5 MPH in the quarter mile due to usins "stock" wheels rather than 19'' boat anchors.

I wonder what lighter than stock wheels would do?

on the RS, I shaved .2 tenths on my 60' times from a 2.2 seconds to 2.0 comparing:

SSR Comps 17x7.5 w/ 225/45/17 Falken Azenis RT-615s

vs

SSR Comps 16x7.5 w/215/45/16 Falken Azenis RT-615s

Going to a lighter setup with shorter tires helped out the overall acceleration side of things, but I ended up sacrificing top speed per gear.

I did this testing on a 2-day Pro Solo event. the 1st day we ran on 16" setup because we didnt think the course was going to be any faster than 55mph and we thought we can just run on 3rd gear if we have to. the 2nd day we ran on the 17"s to get our top speeds to 60 mph and save our time from shifting in and out of 3rd gear. The 17"s did give us a better overall time, but end up sacrificing a lot of time in accelerating up the hill with the larger tires.. the 16" rim setup was way faster in the slaloms and out of the box, but the long straights and long sweepers were limited by the rev limiter making us only go at 55 mph, so the time was lost there when we could have bene flying at 62 mph instead. Give and take is what it really the tricky part and you have to look at the overall goal you are trying to achieve.

Keefe

Funny chit. I know it's a joke, but there's some seriousness to it too - like the rediculousness of 19" wheels and the difference between serious racers (stripped down cars) and weekend warriors.

I - for one - am still a weekend warrior. I like my perf leather too much. ;D

it all started with touring production cars back in the 80's running 18" wheels when the car only came with 14" and 15" wheels from the factory.. they ran the bigger wheels due to the brake sizes for the endurance races.. back then and even today, touring cars are heavy and brake pads werent as developed as much as today, so their only choice of an "upgrade" was to run bigger rotors and did whatever they could to keep the brake temps down. Big wheels it is.

Keefe

Archived