LegacyGT.com

Top 20 Most Dangerous Vehicles

Seems like stability control was a common feature that got cars on that list. Isn't stability control just a feature for people who pound on the gas and expect the car to perfectly go in any kind of traction situation?

On a different note, according to the description of the Accent, the lowest government crash test rating is three stars. Is that correct? If so, it seems silly that a car couldn't get 0,1, or 2 stars. If the rating is out of 5 stars, shouldn't three stars be above average?

I wish they would have put that info in a standard web page. The "slideshow" format sucks. I got tired of clicking after 10 or 11.

I guess that guarantees them 20 different ad displays rather than one or two on a static page.

I wish they would have put that info in a standard web page. The "slideshow" format sucks. I got tired of clicking after 10 or 11.

I guess that guarantees them 20 different ad displays rather than one or two on a static page.

There is no such thing as dangerous vehicles. The danger is the nuts who over drive the car's capability or their own.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Seems like stability control was a common feature that got cars on that list. Isn't stability control just a feature for people who pound on the gas and expect the car to perfectly go in any kind of traction situation?

On a different note, according to the description of the Accent, the lowest government crash test rating is three stars. Is that correct? If so, it seems silly that a car couldn't get 0,1, or 2 stars. If the rating is out of 5 stars, shouldn't three stars be above average?

Actually most of those cars were put on list because stability control isn't offered standard and they state if it was they wouldn't have gotten such low ratings.

Also, aside from few of them; they are all super low dollar sub-compact disposable cars that were built as light and low powered as possible for fuel economy. My Yaris 4-door has front and side air-bags. Thats safe enough for me in town where it gets driven. On the highway kiss it goodbye in one of those if you have an accident.

And it is true that a vehicle is only a weapon in the hands of a bad driver.

Let's kick this pig!

The problem with lists of "safest" or "most dangerous" cars is that they seldom take the driver into account. Anyone who thinks a car from the "safest" list is a foolproof guarantee of surviving an accident hasn't seen a sufficiently talented fool behind the wheel. :rolleyes:

There is no such thing as dangerous vehicles. The danger is the nuts who over drive the car's capability or their own.

........And journalists that have nothing better to do than report statistics.

A small econobox is dangerous in a accident???? Gee, never would have thought that. Freaking morons journalists can be sometimes.

........And journalists that have nothing better to do than report statistics.

A small econobox is dangerous in a accident???? Gee, never would have thought that. Freaking morons journalists can be sometimes.

Basic concepts of physics and kinetic energy > journalist's tiny little minds.:lol:

It might be worth taking a closer look at the ratings for this list. They tried to factor out driver skill. So they're trying to rank based on the vehicle's contribution to safety. Trucks get bad ratings because they're more likely to roll.

Ranking w/out factoring in driver skill skews the results. So you'd get the 350z as one of the most dangerous cars, ans the G35 coupe as one of the safest.

Either way the LGT is up there, along with the A4/S4.

Actually most of those cars were put on list because stability control isn't offered standard and they state if it was they wouldn't have gotten such low ratings.

My mistake, I meant lack of stability control.

Ok, so maybe a dumb question, but I couldnt find it in the article. Is the low score the worst, or the high score? I assume the low score, but I couldnt find any details.

My parents just bought that Buick SUV. They love it, but probably didn't shop around that well.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Daewoo makes the Chevy Aveo? :eek:

LOL Yep! Makes you want to buy one huh? :lol:

My neighbor's son (first car) has one that he has turbo'd with a FMIC, dual exhaust and full body kit. It actually looks kind of cool and he hasn't totaled it yet.

LOL Yep! Makes you want to buy one huh? :lol:

My neighbor's son (first car) has one that he has turbo'd with a FMIC, dual exhaust and full body kit. It actually looks kind of cool and he hasn't totaled it yet.

Pics???

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Archived